Sign in to follow this  

Tire Pressure

Not exactly a suspension question but I figured suspension was the closest. I was having alot of difficulty loosing both my front and back ends at a local track this past weekend. The track is very sandy and had just been groomed which therefore made it very soft on the top.

I am curious what air pressure other people are running for sand, loam and hard pack. I have been running very low (10-12 lbs) for sand but am wondering if I shouldn't go higher (maybe 14-15 lbs).

Don't think the type of bike would make a difference but I am riding a CRF450 with the stock Bridgestones (I think K490, K695)

I'll run as little as 8-9 psi on the sand we ride.

Makes for a noticeable difference with the larger footprint.

Sand specific tires also help a lot.

:cry:

yes we to run 8-9 at most of our tracks also, the bigger foot print and the bump absorption . the most i will ever run is 10 1/2 ever. you have got to check it all through out the day and keep it bleed down to that .

Thanks, guys. I guess it was just my riding ability, not the tire pressure.

make sure you forks are flush with the top of the tripple clamp ( so u can only see the fork caps sticking out also reduce your sag ,say mabey 110mm and try to ride a little father back on the bike and let the front end float more