Sign in to follow this  

Wow

I went to a supercross in salt lake last year and there was a michelin rep there, I talked to him for awhile, he said that the colored tired last 30 times longer than a regualr tire!!! Thats right 30 times!! I think hes full of crap, But i would buy a set to be different than every othe bike at the track.

I went to a supercross in salt lake last year and there was a michelin rep there, I talked to him for awhile, he said that the colored tired last 30 times longer than a regualr tire!!! Thats right 30 times!! I think hes full of crap, But i would buy a set to be different than every othe bike at the track.

And they get less than 30x the traction of a black tire !!!! :cry: Just kidding...who knows, but I seriously doubt 30x...

adding a dye to the tire in the molding process can make the tire last longer :cry: i dont like those pinkish tires maybe if they were a darker red

SWEEETTTT! While im here, anyone know how to fit 05' graphics/seat cover to the 04' if possible? I want those graphics, but I dont think they will fit.... :cry:

Yikes! I like some bling but those tires are over the top. You better be REAL FAST to ride that bike!

They do last way longer. A buddy of mine had a yellow set on his RMZ and they lasted a year. and were still not chunking, just a little rounded. Great for hard pack and tacky conditions here in Hawaii. They get stained and look kinda crappy after a few months though. I'd get a colored set in a heartbeat if they last as long as his did.

Even though the tires do look pretty good now, thats just because there new. After you ride, and they get all muddy, even after you clean them, they still tend to look like sh i t. Bike looks pretty good as of now though.