Sign in to follow this  

The XR on off-camber trails

Hello, all. When I am traversing a hill (not going up or down, but across it) on single-track, my pucker factor tends to increase exponentionally. I've seen some tips on riding this type of trail, but I'd like to hear from other XR owners on the matter.

I end up naturally leaning to the inside, but I think my problem may be that my weight is on the inside as well, which tends to push the bike down the hill.

Should I be leaning off to the inside, but weighting the outside peg or something? Any help is appreciated!

Patrick

I perfer to stand up and keep my weight on the outside peg so as you have noticed u dont push your bike downhill...... you get good at this once you ride sand dunes alot

I took a lesson from a long-time racer and this is what I learned during the 5-hour lesson for off-camber traversing:

Lean the bike into the hill and you lean to the downhill side of the bike. You will obviously be standing up and holding your butt and shoulders off to the downhill side of the bike.

It works like a charm and gives you much more control over where the bike goes. Also, if you dump it over you are not going to have to watch your bike roll or cartwheel down the hill... it will simply lay over into the hill and be much easier to pick up and get going again.

Hope this helps... it sure works for me. :cry: