Sign in to follow this  

Seat height

Would you recommend shaving your seat height. I have a 04" CRF250 and I am 5"5", I don't think I am growing anymore since I am 37.

If so, how much? Who can do this? Upholstery shop? I live in Corona, Ca.

Thanks for any info.

If you are gonna shave the seat do it your self... An electric bread knife and a die-grinder work well on seat foam. We used one on a few Harley seats in the past, just take your time and pay attention not to get "waves or bumps" in the seat when you are shaving it. Remember that the X seat has less foam than the R due to the battery. Good luck.

I'm in the same boat.After about a year, the bike has settled alittle, and the suspension about 1" lower when sitting on it.

Wow, to be short....yikes! I have to put a tall SDG seat on mine to get it where I like it....haha, sometimes it sucks being tall too....

I'm at 5'5". And with my experience, I would shave the seat by about 1/2 an inch, and then lower the suspension about 1 1/2 inch, and it should work great.

I'm at 5'5". And with my experience, I would shave the seat by about 1/2 an inch, and then lower the suspension about 1 1/2 inch, and it should work great.

Dont post much on here, mostly reading but had to post this. I am in Corona too and am 5'7" and i just cut my seat down on my 05 crf250r and upholstered it myself with some red vinyl. the color looks ok but the seat is much better. Where in corona are you. You can come sit on my bike to see if you like the feel of the cut down seat. Mine is cut down about as far as you can go. let me know if you need any help. I can also cut it down for you. :cry:

Mapes beat me to it but I too live in corona.

I will do it for ya BUT at a price.

As you may be seeing the posts I've been posting. I'm going to start making custom seats/seat covers and if you bring it to me I can fix you up.

DO NOT SHAVE YOUR SEAT if you ride on tracks. The shaved seat will force you to be locked in one position and you can move around the seat. This is bad during turns when you need to move up close to the tank.

Go with Factory Connection and have them professionally shorten the suspension by 1 to 1.5 inches. Not only will you have a shorter seat height done the right way but you will have a better suspension done by experts.