Sign in to follow this  

ICAT or ICRAP?

You guys, and ladies, that have or had an ICAT.... Do these things really work? What kind of performance does it provide if any? Or is it just a "seat of the pants" kind of thing? Can it bring my front wheel up of the ground in 2nd or 3rd or is it really a piece of ICRAP? For $200, I'm not sure if that money should be put somewhere else if it just a minimal "hop up".

for the price they are definatly worth it ive got one it was well worth the money even starts easier

Where do you feel the "power", if that is what you are feeling?

Jett the bike properly and you won't notice a difference between the icat with sloppy jetting and good jetting. All it does is clean up bad jetting, $200 is a lot more money than five dollars you will spend on jetts.

I have one and is worth the money.But instead of posting and just being lazy why dou you just do a search.There is plenty of info on the icat. The boys of thumper talk were kind enough to put a search option,Ues it.

I have one and is worth the money.But instead of posting and just being lazy why dou you just do a search.There is plenty of info on the icat. The boys of thumper talk were kind enough to put a search option,Ues it.

LAZY! I have searched this and I just wanted some up-to-date responses. So keep your assumptions of who is lazy to yourself. Now that I got that out of the way, so what do you think Honda88, not just "it's worth the money", but what do you actually feel with it?

First I put the JD Jetting Kit and a Dr D. full exhaust on my son's CRF250R right after Christmas. He was stoked and really could feel a difference up from stock. Last weekend I threw on the iCAT. He was stoked all over again. There is a difference. With the jetting, pipe and the iCAT, his bike is Barkin'!

I put one on my XR650R just for giggles. It's running an Edelbrock so it's crispy! I can tell a difference there as well. They aren't cheap but I would say it's good value. Just my 2 shots of tequila. :cry:

I just got one and rode for the first time on Sunday. Also, have a jetting kit and Dr. D Pipe. I think the bike is stronger off idle. Nothing dramatic or earth shaking but it is definately there. I think that without the right jetting, you won't notice as much. I'm glad I got one. Now I just have to learn that the throttle actually goes past that "off idle" point and maybe I can start clearing doubles!!! :cry:

here is an email i sent to icat about how the thing works and thier responce:

hi there i'm thinking of buying an icat and would like to understand

more how it works. i understand that it makes the spark stronger and longer

but how does this aid combustion? i mean if a spark is strong enough to

ignite some fuel mixture wont this burning fuel ignite the other fuel mixure

more efficiently than a little spark?

thanks .

In the perfect world you are absolutely correct what you are talking about

is called the flame front, and this is part of the reason why when a motor

is fixed on a dyno (or held in the perfect world so to speak) the iCAT does

not really show a big improvement, but when you ride a bike there are so

many factors that effect the combustion process that regular combustion

(spark ignites fuel-fuel burns) does not always happen, and that is why the

iCAT works so well on the track. It is amazing the difference that it makes.

Tom Wallace

iCATusa

Phone (918)-681-4868

Fax (918)-681-4908

www.icatusa.com

'full power of the spark'

it would be a lot easier to say nothing instead of sounding like an ass about using the search feature

I've read from other posts on the Icat that it's made from a high voltage rectifier. The part is BY8424. It's only sold in europe and I haven't been able to get my hands on one, but they are only a buck a piece. It's pretty easy to make your own if you can find the part.

Ok.Bite Me.Only kiddin.It gives power from bottom to top.It is worth the money.Makes it easier to start and without the hot start.Good luck.

Ok.Bite Me.Only kiddin.It gives power from bottom to top.It is worth the money.Makes it easier to start and without the hot start.Good luck.

Thanks H88 that is the kinda response i'm looking for.... Good luck with your bike problem :cry:

I dont have an Icat but $200 is alot just for something that creates a hotter/faster spark. You can get a Vortex Ignition for another $100 and have 10 different ignition settings, plus power gains that are shown on a dyno, Im not saying the Icat doesn't help, Ive read alot of good stuff about them, and the vortex but your 2/3 the way to a Vortex ignition. Just how I see it.

Terry Varner used Vortex ignition with an ICAT together. They are two different animals that do two different things.