Sign in to follow this  

Do yal think i could handle the crf250x

Do yal think i could handle the crf250x. I am 14, 5'7" and 148lbs. I have a xr100 now and would that be to big of a jump or do you think i could handle it

You could handle it, i went from an xr100, to a cr125, and im 5'4, 130lbs. Now ive got an xr250. When i had the cr, i was smaller, so you should be able to handle it.

I went from a TTR125l to a YZ250F after riding 8 months. I'm 5'5 125 and after riding my new bike for four months, I want more power even though I don't need it. Yes, you can easily handle it.

CRF 250X has a very controllable powerband for what it is. The first gear is a bit tall, so the novice rider can get into trouble there, but a little seat time can fix that in a hurry. One thing to consider however, is that being 5'7 the 250X might seem a bit tall for you, but that is a minor hurdle to jump compared to how awesome of a bike it is.

~Cheers

Jeff

ya i've been wondering th same. i'm 14 but i'm 5'11. i'm coming from a xr100 too. i might either get a crf250x or some other 125 2 stroke. but i wanna fourstroke hekka badly

I'm fourteen, 5'5, 115 lbs, and i went from an xr80, to a Klx 300, and i can ride it very comfortably.

The 250x is a awsome bike for a large verity of riders! I highly recommend it! In no time at all you will adjust to its size difference , and as you get bigger and faster you wont out grow the bike. There are a lot of go fast stuff also when you need more speed ..

i'm sure you'll easily be able to handle the bike. the question is whether you can handle the valve work after you ride it a few months.

if you like working on bikes (or if you get lucky and don't have valve problems), you'll love the bike. the suspension is awesome, and they are pretty light for an e-start 4-stroke.

mw

If you have been riding for any time at all, no problem. My first bike was a 1972 Honda CT70 followed by a 1979 RM125 :cry: I lived through it. :cry: You will too

I'm 5'5" and 120lbs and I loved the CRF250X! My boyfriend has one and it's totally easy to ride, especially if you already have riding experience. Just like any other bike, make sure the suspension is set up properly for you and you will love it! :cry: