Sign in to follow this  

Winter Maintenance

Just wondering what I can do to my bike since I got it up for winter? It's a 2005 YZ250F I did the steering stem, linkage, swingarm, front and rear wheel bearings about 4 rides ago, should I lube those up again or no need to? I also got new chain and sprockets. Getting new tires right before the race season starts. Changed the oil and oil filter. Going to change the antifreeze prolly tomorrow, tightened all the bolts on the bike(well at least all the bolts I can get to), cleaned air filter and lubed. What else can I do to the bike? I'm bored off my mind and I want to work on it more what else can I do to my bike to get it even minter.

Thanksss!!!

You can come over and do up my bike like that. :cry:

Yeah and after you stop by his house you can come by Vegas and help me out with some mintage. My bike needs a good cleaning.

you may want to change the fork oil as well.

I have just got done with all the things you did, and I only have the forks left. did you notice the lack of grease in you steering head as well?

Yeah there wasn't much at all and it's a 05! LOL I'm prolly going to wait on changing fork oil I mean it's a 2005 so it should be still fine, maybe middle of race season i'll change it. I just got done checking and filling brake fluid, check and adjust tire pressure, change antifreeze, and change spark plug.

you may want to change the fork oil anyway, there have been a lot of posts on the factory fork oil being like a funky looking syrup just after break in. I don't know how much you rode it before winter, just a thought.