Sign in to follow this  

will this harm my engine?

i have some lucas upper cylinder lubricant and i was wondering if i can use it in my xr100? it says "cleans and lubricates carburetors,injectors, and valve seats" is it safe?

Why not just take the carb off the bike, completely disassemble it, clean it with carb/contact cleaner, and reassemble it, and reinstall it ?

No better way to learn how to work on your own bike, in my opinion.

i agree with dirtbkr188, i just strip down my carb and blast all the jets with the air compressor and spray a little carb cleaner on them. you can just buy regular carb and choke cleaner at Napa or any store like that

Why not just take the carb off the bike, completely disassemble it, clean it with carb/contact cleaner, and reassemble it, and reinstall it ?

No better way to learn how to work on your own bike, in my opinion.

I completely agree too!! :cry: No doubt that there is NO better way to learn your bike than to work on it yourself. He was just asking if it would hurt it - and it won't. But ... just like anything, if you want to really clean something out - disassembly is the best - plus it's SOOO easy on our bikes!

LUCAS has great stuff. It won't harm the engine at all. I use both the fuel system cleaner (the one you're talking about) and the LUCAS oil additive as well. I like the stuff! I use it in everything I own.

USE IT!!

Is that the stuff I saw at autozone in a little box with a pencil sharpener handle you turned with a bunch of gears inside. And the whole point was to show how much more the lucas additive with oil lubricated compared to straight motor oil. Fairly primitive but impressive no less. I kept me busy for like 2 minutes.