KLR 250 Electric Start?

Does anyone have a line on an electric start kit for a KLR250? I bought my wife an '05 so we can ride together, but she has a little trouble kicking it over. My understanding is the basic bike hasn't changed a whole lot over the past few years. Also; any chance a Mojave 250 electric starter would work? Any thoughts?

• 2 months later...

Did you ever get an answer back on this question?

I just bought a 2004 KLR250 and it only has a kickstart. My wife is having a problem starting it. She would love an electric start, but so far the Kawasaki dealers have said that they do not have a electric starter kit available to add on to the bike.

Please let me know what you have found out on this. Thanks.

I looked at the parts break down for your KLR250. It shows that it has an Automatic Compression Release (ACR). I have repostioned almost 60 of them on KLX300's to make it easier to kick the bike over. This might be an option if you can't find the electric start.

Ride on

Brewster

My 2001 KLR 250 is much better now that I re-did the carb. It sat 3 years and was brutal to start. (Had to switch legs after tiring out mr right leg). Now in the mornings when it is 35 deg it is about 4 kicks. Usually it is just one. The pilot screw is the ticket for making it work better.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...