putting in new brakes

i took my bike to the dealer to get a new back tire, and rejetted cuz i got some bbr goodies. well they found a few other things such as it needed new bearings and front brake pads. they are done with everything except the front pads because they havn't gotten them in yet. ive already invited a bunch of people to ride this weekend because they said it should be done by tuesday. well now they said friday by the latest, but i wont be able to get it then. so anyways...i was looking at the yamahas book and it looks like changing the front pads is quite easy. but after changing the pads it says you have to drain all the brake fluid. is this true, because i really don't want to mess with that too much. ?

thanks ?

yea.. i really enjoy doing work on my bike.. but i figured if i would take it up there i wanted them to earn their full hourly wages.

yea ive got the owners manuel. and it gave great steps on how to pull out new old ones and put in new ones, but then it said drain old fluid, refill, make sure no bubbles, and all that mess.

i would really like to do it just as a learning thing, but just so long as i don't have to play with the fluids im pretty sure i can handle this one

there is no need to take the tire off.all you have to do is remove one bolt on the caliper ,flip the caliper up ,remove old pads,compress caliper pistons ,insert new pads .flip caliper back down ,thred bolt back in,and prime brake lever.