Sign in to follow this  

Life of a TTR125le

I have enough money to get a big bore kit from BBR but all the people I talk to say don't bore your bike out. They say your engine wont last as long as stoke. Is this true and is it bad to bore your bike out. :cry: I would be getting the bbk from BBR. Thanks John. :cry:

yes.. i would think boring it out would shorten it some. but i dont really know. bbr does say that 150 is the maximum size to go to safely so i would certainly get it. if i was allowed to get it, i would in a heartbeat. all of the other companies make you send in your cylinder to get it bored out. bbr sends you a whole new cylinder and everything for less then the other companies do. there are many other companies who offer bigger kits but i would say the 150 is plenty safe :cry:

do it....do it

i wudnt do it sometimes boring doesnt really do much..... if ur gunna bore it make it a 170 it will still last longer than a year or two as a 170 also check out the kits from powroll

www.powroll.com

i wudnt do it sometimes boring doesnt really do much..... if ur gunna bore it make it a 170 it will still last longer than a year or two as a 170 also check out the kits from powroll

www.powroll.com

I hear the 170 kits are junk. Hard starting, very high maitnence and a hassle. I would get the bbr because if you scratched the piston and cylinder badly you will still have stock parts.

ThumpItGood Quote:

Originally Posted by 05WhyZ250F

www.powroll.com

I hear the 170 kits are junk. Hard starting, very high maitnence and a hassle. I would get the bbr because if you scratched the piston and cylinder badly you will still have stock parts.

exactly!!

The 150 kit is good, I wouldn't worry about the longevity of it but I do hear the 170's don't last as long. We have a few of the 150's running around here in the mini 4 stroke classes and they fly.

ya if you bore it out the life will get shorter on it just get a different bike instead of messin with it

the 170's are junk. you have to run race gas in it like my 2 strokes. i didnt buy a ttr just so i could waste my yz's fuel. lol