Sign in to follow this  

Saturday Feb 12 - The Wolf rides at Georgetown!

here I am in my 5th day of big bad flu of 2005 and I got an e-mail from Dan at motoXotica. My TE-510 is on it's way to California. Should be here next wednesday 2/9. I'm so busy at work on wednesdays, I may not be able to get it til Thursday, but I do know that if the Weather cooperates the Big Bad Wolfies' first ride will be in the woods at Georgetown that Saturday 2/12/05 .

come on out and be dazzled by the HUSKY! :cry:

You're not gonna get that thing dirty are you? :cry:

I will plan on joining you for the big event, and you should really bring the DRZ out to play this Saturday and do your maintenance on Sunday. :cry:

It wont get dirty, I'm covering it in a big hefty bag and we aren't going clockwise up those sharp rocks at loop 3. I may not have my Rad guards on yet for thr first rides.....and until I get use to the power and throttle of the beast........darling ridge will be just fine thank you.... I can imagine hitting too much throttle on the little rock climbs abd having the wolf explode out from under me and climb the rocks without me into a messy crash ...no no no..no crashes I hope for a good while.

I'm with a gang of DRZ guys Saturday learning how to check and shim valves.....I need to learn this as I will need to regularly check my husky valves. Supposely the DRZ valves are much harder to check. the husky is really acessible for valve checking and adjustments.... and the word is they don't go out of spec much. :cry:

It wont get dirty, I'm covering it in a big hefty bag and we aren't going clockwise up those sharp rocks at loop 3. I may not have my Rad guards on yet for thr first rides.....and until I get use to the power and throttle of the beast........darling ridge will be just fine thank you.... I can imagine hitting too much throttle on the little rock climbs abd having the wolf explode out from under me and climb the rocks without me into a messy crash ...no no no..no crashes I hope for a good while. :

:cry::devil::devil: I suppose you're gonna wear hefty bags over all that new matching gear you're gonna be sporting too. :D:D:mad:

Now you've done it, I can't get this picture out of my head:

The mighty Husky explodes from under Bob and his new Hefty riding gear, climbs the massive rocks, turns around at the top and barks down to Bob, "Get up here you wuss, I was built to ride, not p_ssy-foot around!" :cry::mad::cry::cry::cry:

that reminds me I have been so sick i haven't found my matching riding gear yet just the new boots....I'm going with black/blue TECh 8s I get 20% off even though the SIDIs boots are awesome.

maybe I can still find some new riding gear.its hard tha blue yellow Husky color I dont want to be too gay.....with the new riding gear....not too much yellow.

yup I'll be the first to admit it's a crying shame to waste a bike like the 05 TE-510 on a rider like me, but then agin somebody has to ride the beast!! :cry: .

Hmmm... I dont know if I will be able to make that date but I will sure try. Then could break in the motor nice and easy... hmmm... hopefully the machine shop will have a quick turn around time.

unfortunatly, due to this flu I have used 3 more sick days only leaving me with 3 PTO days left till june 30th..........I have to save 1 for the WCTT4 friday and the other two as reserve in case I get sick again in the next 5 months...........so no way can I take the 11 th off.

Sorry I cant make it I'll be in couzmel mexico :cry: I get back on the 23rd and hoping to make that ride on the weekend of the 26th you all wher talking about.is that still Clear creek?I cant wait to meet you all,the places you ride are so far for me I plan on going to my buddy Ken N. house.He has been trying to get me down that way for ever.I'm sure you all know this guy he does all the race's hellof fast.anyway make sure you get that bike dirty "that wolf likes rolling in the mud "just like an old dog :cry:

unfortunatly, due to this flu I have used 3 more sick days only leaving me with 3 PTO days left till june 30th..........I have to save 1 for the WCTT4 friday and the other two as reserve in case I get sick again in the next 5 months...........so no way can I take the 11 th off.

The potato chopper decided I didn't have to go to the WCTT3. :cry: maybe the wolf will make the same decision for you this year.. :cry:

I'm not in the habit of passing people in a dust cloud on a trail I dont know.

If you never bleed..you need more speed :cry: I'm married death doesn't scare me.. :cry:

I'm not in the habit of passing people in a dust cloud on a trail I dont know.

You guys ride where there's dust? :cry:

only the west side trails loop 3 out of mace mills and loop2 out of Darling Ridge and the link trail that connects them up are open...good for about 2-3 hours of riding. a nice half day about 35 ish miles I think

:cry: Gentlemen,

When I was a kid, I never rode on legal trails. I used to run from the law at least once a week. It was a game, seeing if they could climb that hill or negotiate that technical switchback.

My fondest memory is watching a full dress HD CHIP try to pull a rutted up hill and the sound of snapping antennas, popping saddle bags, hissing c.b.s. :cry:

I know, I know.........I've mellowed with age! :cry: