Knee Braces?

I just got a pair of the EVS Vision knee braces. They seem to be pretty comfortable and non-binding. Wore them for few hours with no issues. ? Getting pants on over the barces is more of a challenge then with the Fox knee pads I had before. Build quality and fit are good. Be sure and measure your legs per their instructions so you get the right size. I got mine from Rock Mountain MC/ATV, reasonable price and free shipping. None of my local dealers had them in stock and none could say if and when they would have them in stock.

Asterisk are the best out.

They are easy to put on under your pants and fit perfect. You can adjust them very quick and easy and the will not chafe your legs.

You can put both of them on in less than 1 min.

They also offer the BEST protection.

The vision is a soft system which is good for lateral protection but not nearly as safe as the hard carbon shell that the astrisk have, that save your knees from being crushed from the side.

But its all in your budget

if you have $550 You NEEEED asterisk they are no doubt the best and lightest they are 15x more safe than a knee gaurd

if you don't have $550 get the vison, they offer 3x as much protection as a knee guard

That sounds like it hurt. My friend nate broke his back 2 summers ago and they told him he would have trouble walking the rest of his life and never ride again. A month later hes walking and hes getting back on his 250 this spring. Hope you had (or having) a good recovery.

Thor

Thanks for the concern. I broke my neck on a XR650 at high speed in the dez last May. I am 50 yrs. old and was told not to ride as titanium keeps things together now. I compromised and graduated to quads - not as fast and more stable! I have been riding for the last 4 months and although its not quite the same it is still riding.

T-Diddy

Get the asterisk,they are very good. But even with knee brace protection i tore my meniscus and acl.I went from the asterisk to CTI.Which is the same company.they buth are great but i perfer the CTI.I would not even consider the evs, just not enough protection.But i applaud you for even getting any knee brace protection.Most people i know rather spend the money trying to make the bike faster or better.For us people that have to go to work on monday complete protection is a must.If you cant afford it you cant afford to ride.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the asterisk braces but couldn't ride with them on. They just felt too combersum and I couldn't hold on with my knees. I bought a pair of the EVS SX01 braces and I really like them. They are very comfortable and allow me to ride with my legs holding on better. The only problem is they are total coverage and heat can get to be an issue on hot days.

I was riding at a track in PA with my asterisk knee braces. And I tore my ACL and meniscus and went through surgery on 1/25/05. Make sure when you get them to adjust them a little tight, or they wont have the right protection they should. Im still in recover and Physical therapy 3 times a week. Can't get on my bike till July.

I have the Asterix and think they are pretty good. They do tear up your pants if you squeeze the bike hard but they have saved me in a close call or two and I almost feel naked without them. I wore mine out over time and sent them back in to the manufacturer. For $100 they looked like they were brand new. I think they replaced everything but the red fiberglass part which got a repaint.

Fitting them correctly is the key. If not they will rub in weird places or not be as effective. I alway clip the calve section first and then the top part last. check that all the padding has no curled under or worn out too. I would like to try CTI but they are too expensive. I have been very happy with mine.

I think the knee pads are better than nothing but a knee brace is better.

Happy riding with no injuries. ?

I have seen posts on knee braces that refer to a single type. I am wondering if anyone has tried the new evs vision knee braces and how they felt. I am debating on getting those or the asterisk cell. Any input will be very helpful. ?

I'LL TELL YOU HOW THE VISION BRACES ARE NEXT WEEK. MINE SHOULD BE ON THE UPS TRUCK ON MONDAY. I HADE THEM ON ORDER FOR ALMOST TWO MONTHS. APPLEARANTLY, EVS HAD AN EARLY PRODUCTION RUN PROBLEM, AND RECALLED MOST EARLY STOCK. I DO THINK THAT THESE BRACE WILL BE A GOOD PIECE AT A REASONABLE PRICE. I'M HOPING THAT THEY WILL KEEP MY TORN UP HINGES TOGETHER FOR A FEW MORE YEARS BEFORE HAVING TO HAVE RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGREY.

• 3 weeks later...

I just ordered a set tonight on ebay. Got them for 200 plus 15 shipping. I think they will do fine. I need something and cant afford 500 big ones. You can also go to avs web site and order the long sleve to go under it. I am sure it would make a difference.

Congrats on getting any knee brace,Something is better than nothing.But you must ware a sock under your braces or you will tear you skin up.Believe me i know from experience.2 weeks ago i went riding and even with a sock my knee on the sides got sore.Well only because i gained weight over the winter and brace did not fit perfect.I refuse not to ware anything so i toughed it out.after that i went on a diet and they now fit perfect.It is important to get a snug fit or they will not do there job.