Sign in to follow this  

SS valves- 250X

I just got back from 600 mi Mex ride with Ferrea SS intake valves and PC springs from Randy at Fastman Racing. We rode rain, snow, mud and dust so it was a good test for the valves reliability. All the carb vent tubes were filtered. There was no valve clearance change but I think it is still too early to say they will last several thousand miles. No noticable power loss and the bike was ridden hard. Geno :cry:

Geno1: Why did you do the Stainless Steel intake valves only, and not exhaust also? I see on the 450X specs they have the opposite, Ti intake and SS exhaust. I want to ride my bike without counting the minutes to my next rebuild...

Z- Start clutch worked great and no problems with wear. IMHO it is eaiser on the clutch plates and motor.

The exhausts are already stainless on the 250.

I thought all the valves were TI on the 250X?

Malibu3

:cry:

I thought all the valves were TI on the 250X?

Malibu3

:cry:

From the Hondanews website:

"Unicam valve train features a carburized single camshaft that directly actuates two 31mm titanium intake valves. The camshaft exhaust lobe actuates two 26mm steel exhaust valves via a forked, low-friction, roller rocker-arm.

Lightweight titanium intake valves permit use of smaller valve springs, reducing overall engine height. "