Sign in to follow this  

Any good trail riding around castaic lake or gorman?

I was wondering if there is any great trail riding around chatsworth, castiac lake, or around the la county. Maybe a difficulty rating about 5/10. i like technical but my dad is allright with it so ya, about a 5 over 10.

Thx in advance.

There's riding right in Gorman. Hungry Valley has plenty of trails from super easy to semi-difficult. Also Rowher Flats off the 14 fwy behind Santa Clarita.

for more challange head up to Los Padres Nat'l Forest on Gorman's backside or take the freeway to the Frazier Park/Mt Pinos exit. Its a few miles in, but there's some nice riding back there.

Does anyone know the road conditions going up to Gorman from LA?

Is the freeway still all dorked up? I am thinking of heading that way on Sunday.

There's riding right in Gorman. Hungry Valley has plenty of trails from super easy to semi-difficult. Also Rowher Flats off the 14 fwy behind Santa Clarita.

for more challange head up to Los Padres Nat'l Forest on Gorman's backside or take the freeway to the Frazier Park/Mt Pinos exit. Its a few miles in, but there's some nice riding back there.

Ya, i've been to gorman a crap load of times...getting bored of it. I am trying to look for something like in the mountians, in the forest...that type of thing.

Thx though.

Rower flats is about 1/2 the size of Gorman, and has some more technical stuff.

I am bored with Gorman too but the kid likes the place.

Rower flats is about 1/2 the size of Gorman, and has some more technical stuff.

I am bored with Gorman too but the kid likes the place.

I've been to rower flats...that place is aight. i only like gorman because its close by and the prctice track. So many accidents happen there. I heard a saying "Drive to gorman with your car, take the ambulance back" -haha, i love that :cry:

I've been to rower flats...that place is aight. i only like gorman because its close by and the prctice track. So many accidents happen there. I heard a saying "Drive to gorman with your car, take the ambulance back" -haha, i love that :cry:

There was a Thumpertalk Day back on 9/24/04, not at the practice track but at I5MX.... yea ok, I fit that saying....

8 broken ribs

punctured lung

broken collarbone

Ambulance back to Mayo, and a week there....

:cry:

I am always looking for new places to ride, I get tired of gorman, and the drive to Cal City is a killer for a day trip.