Where is MY Headlight switch??

I think the best thing you could do is to trade your bike to your buddy. Give him $50 bucks for his trouble and don't forget to disconnect his gray wire. You might want to change the oil in his bike too. I ,opps I mean he didn't have time to change it this afternoon. ?

• 2 weeks later...

On my wr450, (I'm dual sporting it) I just installed a switch for high, low and off. On the headlight connector there is a yellow and blue wire connected to one lug of the headlight. The other lug has the black wire wich is case ground. The blue wire goes to the tail light. Luckily, the yellow wire comes from the stator and if you cut this wire, all the lights go out. Just put a 2003 wr switch there.

Note that for dual sporting, the lights are AC, off the stator. However, a horn and turn signals will need DC wich is available up front from a brown wire. The head lights should not be run on DC off the regulator or from the battery. The regulator cannot output enough current to run the lights and and keep the battery charged. Baja Designs used a 30 watt headlight vs the stock 65 watt headlight to get around this.

I wanted to keep the high wattage headlight so I've run into problems on the standard switches. They expect all dc and have one power in. Luckily, CO does not require turn signals, so I got away with using a switch that only does highbeam/lowbeam/off. I used it's kill switch to do my horn. I kept the stock kill switch as is.

I hooked the yellow wire to the power in of the switch. I hooked the blue taillight wire to the switches tail light out. I hooked the low beam to where the yellow wire went on the headlight. I hooked the high beam to a new right angle lead to the blank on the headlight. I also ran a DC supply from a brown wire to the included kill switch (still retaining the stock kill sw.) to a horn and ran the ground of the horn to a bolt that holds the support for the headlight plastic. Thus, I had the ac lights and a dc horn. Sorry for the long time in replying.