Sign in to follow this  

A Good Ebay Laugh

I sent a question to seller:

"You're selling 6 washers for $15 PLUS shipping?? I guess everyone's got to make a buck but DAMN...do you actually sell any? I should quit my job and do this!!"

His quantity is 1000. He must work at an ACE hardware or something. LOL, Do washers really work? I'd think they would, but I'm kind of new to the whole clutch thing.

You can buy a box of 100 stainless washers for like $5.

$50 for 1000 of them, sell them for $14.95 for 6, that's $2,481.70, plus whatever he gets overcharging on shipping...

Nice margins.

The frightening thing is, parts suppliers do the exact same thing all the time.

Scuba shops sell an o-ring for $2, and you can get a bag of 1000 from McMaster for $10.

Hey, if Pro-Circuit can charge 59.95 for 6 springs,14.95 for washers ain't that bad :cry:

It almost makes that $9 hot dog at the airport or ball game seem reasonable, doesn't it!

If my clutch is "sticking", meaning it doesn't seem fully disengaged when I pull the clutch lever in, would stiffer springs help or is there a problem with the clutch plates?

The springs have nothing to do with it sticking. It will have more engagement pressure so it doesn't slip.

Have you pulled the clutch apart? You may have a grooved basket from wear.

The springs have nothing to do with it sticking. It will have more engagement pressure so it doesn't slip.

Have you pulled the clutch apart? You may have a grooved basket from wear.

Fred, I'm going to pull it apart this Saturday if I can't go riding. I'll take some pics and hound you guys for advice on Sunday/Monday.

Thanks.

HA HA!

I had to ask him a question too, everybody should! That would drive him nuts! The guy should be ashamed of himself, and if he's not, we should all be ashamed of anyone that buys his "clutch spring spacers" for being so stupid! :cry:

You think thats bad, a guy on ebay put two jets for a TTR125 (Which I bought back in the day in packs of 4 for 5$) in a ziploc bag and wrote TTR125 Jet kit on it and it sold for $50. I also saw someone who sold their XR250 Airbox snorkel.