Sign in to follow this  

Suspension

I've heard good things about how the CRF450R runs pretty good stock, and how it has an awesome suspension and light feel, etc.. I am currently in the market for a new bike, and I am deciding between the 250 and the 450, and right now I think im gonna go with the 450..

Anyway, I weigh 200lbs no gear, what do I need to do to make the suspension as good as can be? Do I need to buy new springs or what?

.49/5.7 springs, (stock .46/5.5). That may be all you need, if not a revalve from a good suspension shop will make it perfect for you.

Id start with the fork springs and try the stock rear. I wiegh the same as yourself and didnt like the 5.7 rear spring. Both the stock and 5.7 spring yielded correct sag numbers, but the 5.7 felt dead in the woops.

I am curious about a true straight rate 5.6 though. Apparently the stock 5.5 is slightly progressive. But I dont have the 90 bucks laying about to mess with it just for the sake of shits and giggles...

I am 220 and my 05 feel wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy soft. Like we I h=it the front bakes, I almost bottom, they are way soft. I have not messed with the clickers, but I know it needs to be donoe. Also you will need to change your gearing, probably to a 13/50, it comes with 13/48. At least for me, I was in between first and second to much, plus stalled it a few on tight sHHHhtuff. Good choice man like that one guy said, best bike made! nUf said! :cry::cry::cry: