Sign in to follow this  

Places to ride in Hawaii

Hey guys. In the next few months I'll be moving out to Kona, Hawaii. Real excited for the change....However, I'm not sure what kind of off-road/ dual sport riding there is out there. I'll be selling my TTR by the end of March and moving to Kona and buying an 05 WR450. Anyone out in Hawaii that knows of good places to ride? Any maps, local areas, etc. torturechambers, you know of any???

I'm sure TC would take you on that nerw loop he found. :cry:

Yeah, bring a powerbar. :cry:

Jim

Yeah, bring a powerbar. :cry:

Jim

And a camel tank... 1000 ounces should do it. Best of luck out there.

anyone have any pictures from hawaii on the trails, it must be fantastic. Have heard the riding was great.

I'm sure the riding would be great. I'm just concerned about how many places there are to ride.

Call Kiser Honda and ask the guys there where to ride for your tastes. 808-329-9100. From what I know Kona has little riding. Hilo on the other hand has tons of riding. There are some cool places in between too.

Kauai on the other hand has incredible riding. Jeff and the Moto Hawaii crew are always available to show you around... :cry:

Moto Hawaii Link

Is that on Kauai? I know that they have some awesome riding there. Does anyone know if there are any places to rent on Oahu? We bought a timeshare on Ko Olina and wanted to ride while we were there. Kauai has MotoHawaii which is great, except the 25 age minimum. I don't understand why they don't let people over 10 years old drive/ ride on roads in Hawaii? The roads couldn't get any worse. While we were there for 1 week, we were rear-ended twice. :cry:

I don't understand why they don't let people over 10 years old drive/ ride on roads in Hawaii?

Ahhhhh, OK. Every once in awhile someone writes something that is just waaay out there in &%$#@! land..... :cry:

TORTURECHAMBERS, I am very unfamiliar with the Hawaiin islands. I don't know where Hilo is and as long as I stay on the big island of Hawaii, I'll ride anywhere. I plan on dual-sporting the WR so I don't have to truck the bike there. In what part of Hawaii do you live in?

TORTURECHAMBERS, I am very unfamiliar with the Hawaiin islands. I don't know where Hilo is and as long as I stay on the big island of Hawaii, I'll ride anywhere. I plan on dual-sporting the WR so I don't have to truck the bike there. In what part of Hawaii do you live in?

I live on Oahu and have a vacation house in Hilo. Hilo is 2 hours away from Kona. Once you get everything set up PM me and we can meet for a ride... :cry: I have a WR too...

I didn't catch that TortureChambers. Was that an insult or a compliment :cry: ? Boy must I be dumb!!!

:cry: Neither, just an observation then reaction to your comment. :cry:

Alright TC, will do. It might be a couple months before I even get out there. My father is doing business related things out there and the plan is to move out there because of the real estate options....? I'm not sure what he is up to but I do like the idea of moving out there soon.

HEY! I work with a mortgage broker, Im sure we can help you find a house on Oahu, if thats where you were talking about!

TC hey, im a new rider, maybe you can give me some riding tips, Id appreciate that ALOT (LIKE YOU DONT EVEN UNDERSTAND) cause all the guys I ride with are all in the same skill level as me and have only been riding for a couple of years. Sorry Im Just getting desperate to ride with better skilled people that I can learn from.