Sign in to follow this  

Cornering. . . wtf?!

SO. . . I've been struggling the past several months with my cornering, wondering why the heck I can't get the beast to corner like she did when I first got her. Worked on my form, played with fork height in clamps, double checked sag, etc. I always felt like the front end wanted to stand up in corners, and ride up out of ruts. I decided to FINALLY check my rebound in the forks tonight. WELL, come to find out after my last fork oil change about 6 or so months ago, I may have forgotten to turn my rebound adjuster back in on one fork leg! One side was at 14 clicks out, the other, oh about 20-some! You think this was causing the front end to push and stand in berms and ruts? Also, the rebound adjuster couldn't have backed out on it's own, could it? :cry::cry:

SO. . . I always felt like the front end wanted to stand up in corners, and ride up out of ruts. One side was at 14 clicks out, the other, oh about 20-some! You think this was causing the front end to push and stand in berms and ruts? :cry::cry:

Definitely a contibutor to your problem. Your front is not staying down while cornering. Turn it in until it does the opposite, i.e. wants to fall to the inside, then go out a click at a time till you find what works for you.

then see if this setting affects you elsewhere on the track.

Also when you change your seals and oil always check your clickers when you are done. Moving the bottom bolt always changes the clickers inside. Check out you book for stock and go from there. :cry: