Sign in to follow this  

Enduro Computer (agian)

Hey, I have started racing Enduros with the Texas State Championchip Enduro Circuit, and I was wandering which computer will let me put in my times, and help me zero my chech points. I am riding the new 05 CRF450X. Do they have applications for this new of a bike yet???? Thanx for ya'lls help!!!

Ive been riding Enduros since 1974. I ve used a computer before but i didnt really like it. Unless the Enduro has weird time changes (meaning changing from 24mph to 18mph etc) , I just use my own time sheet rangeing form 0 to 150 miles at .4 miles / minute or 2 miles every 5 mins and a watch thats easy to read when moving and set to the key time . I never use the route sheet the club supplies unless im trying to anticipate check locations. Heres a program that will calculate a rollchart for you. http://www.simtel.net/product.php?url_fb_product_page=59029. Print it out and cut it into stips about as 1 1/2 inch wide , tape it together and roll it up into your chart holder. Mount a clock on you handle bars .. your ready!

Some things to remember... well laid out enduro check you into and out of the woods so ride on top of your minute into the woods. then ride like heck to the check out. keep a backup watch on your wrist. keep you main watch on the crossbar .

I know of lots of guys that ride turn to turn and carry only a watch and use the time written on the club route sheet . They read the milage written on the arrows stapled to the trees , check the route sheet/time and check their watch. IMHO You best chance at zeroing a check is throughly under stand the time keeping and use a minimal/ basic setup on the bike and let your head do the rest. Good luck!

Dwight, I ordered the bike, but I wont be getting it until Feb. 25... Im riding a 2001 KLX300r right now.

Dude you definately want to get the WatchDog 2000 From Dugas engineering!

You can mark a check when you roll in and it will automatically show you 3 miles of free time from that check on. Then it will show you how far from the next possible you are at any given point in the race as well as show you that you are ahead or behind. The ICO does most all of those things as well accept for the check marking (I think) but it is also about 114.00 more expensive.

So you are racing in the TSCEC, what division and class are you in? Are you going to Sidewinder?