Sign in to follow this  

Riding in New Mexico?

Is there any good riding in New Mexico.

Me and my woman are going to move somewhere... and thinking about Albuquerque.

We just ordered our plane tickets and we are going to be in New Mexico on March 4th - 7th.

Just checking out the place....

Can anyone give me good and bad about this place?

Lots of cool places here to ride. You'll def. like it.

I'm originally from Cleveland, lived here since 1979.

It might be a little windy when you're here in March,

but don't let that discourage you. This whole week has been in the fifties everyday.

The best offroad riding I have ever enjoyed is in Cloudcroft NM. It is the Lincoln National Forest. Over 100 miles of trails and the scenery is incredible. Call the forest service first, they may still have snow in March.

Also, there are some trails in Rio Rancho,. near Albue. NM. Check with the local bike shops.

http://www.sandiamx.com

My Friend owns this track,

nice place,

Whenever I go to Alb, for business, I try to take a bike and hit some new country,,, great place to ride,, and housing is fairly affordable,,,

good luck

Chem

On the east side of Alb. just outside the city limits is a nice area called Cedro. It has some nice single track and two track. The people in Alb. are very fortunate to have several decent riding spots within 10 miles of town. BUT they have many magnificent places statewide. Theres the Jemez that is so big you need a guide. Tres ritas is fun, Cloudcroft was mentioned, there is riding around Red River and Chama. Yes there is great riding in NM. Tim

There's alot of places to go riding here in New Mexico. Montessa state OHV park is the only official riding spot I know of but there is like mxpat34 said some in rio rancho but he did not emphasize how HUGE that place is(Pack Your GPS lol). everyone refers to it as rio puerco. Where I live (southern end of Alb.) I just go out our gates about 5 min. away there's like 6 different riding spots (not too big though) and 30 minutes later I'm at sand dunes. the weather here is very moderate it gets pretty warm in the summer, highest is maybe,....... maybe 91 and the winter,...well, what winter. it's good "riding without jacket weather" here. As far as housing a brand new 3 bedroom 2 bath goes for about 115,000 and dont worry about finding a house there is 2 houses to every person here J/K :cry: We do have our fair share of crime here you just have to be careful like everywhere else. Hope you stay. :cry:

This whole state is a riding paradise.

We have 4 good race tracks and a few small local ones and tons of space to ride! I have a local small prcatice track 10 min from my house. Albuquerque is a great town, large airport and you can travel everywhere. We have ski/snowboard resorts and we have perfect riding temps. We have mountains, dunes, trails, tracks, you name it we have it here. New Mexico is a great place to live.

we have a nice Racing series also.

www.SandiaMX.com

www.J5mx.com (just closed)

www.OteroMX.com (new track very nice)

www.MoriartyMX.com

and motessa is a nice place to ride trails and they have some small track-like sections.

I'm about 15 min south of albuquerque.