Sign in to follow this  

625 Sxc

Ugh. I just bought a 2003 one with 500 miles on it. Looks brand new. No trail scratches or anything. Rode it one time and I love it. It sure is a sweet bike. I know some people complain about the seat, but it seemed fine to me. Vibs were there but with jetting I hope to eliminate a lot of them. Anyways, I will probably need a bigger tank, but I'm not sure. What kind of mileage do you guys pull down with a full stock tank? If I can get 150, that will probably be enough, but I bet that's being optimistic by a bunch. Now to the sad part of the story. I might have to sell this bike to buy a stupid house. How anyone could be as irrrational as my g/f is beyond me, but she apparently wants someplace to live. Anyways, I'll know within the next month or so if I can keep it or not. I am going to proceed with thinking i'll keep it, so any tips would be greatly appreciated. This bike rocks. Oh, yeah, one more thing. Anybody order the KTM stock mirrors for this bike? How are they? Thanks for all your help in advance.

-Jake

I get about 50 mpg or so if I stick to the street and stay conservative. Off

road it goes down depending on the severity of conditions. My bike has the

Baja kit so I don't think the mirors are stock KTM units. My seat is fine

except maybe for the slope towards the tank. I like to sit back a little further

and it always seems to be pushing me forward.

Don't know what to tell you about the house thing. It is nice however to

have a roof over your head after a long ride.

Sam

Has any1 ridden a 625smc? I and really interested in purchasing this bike for daily use. I know the 625sxc is alomost the same, but the supermoto version is probably a fun ride.

I have a 2004 625 SXC and I have gotten over 100mpg offroad on wide open dirt logging roads. On the other hand, it goes down to the 70's in-town. I don't think you will get 150. Maybe 120. As for the mirror, I use a plastic Acserbis and it is just a wind flag. I don't want my 30 dollar mirror getting torn off in some bushes. My mirror was 10 bucks. When I crash it just flips down.

I have a 2004 625 SXC and I have gotten over 100mpg offroad on wide open dirt logging roads.

100 mpg? I think you mean 100 miles per tank, right? (You'd have to get off and push to get 100 mpg on a beast like a 625 SXC.)