Sign in to follow this  

how are the 05 450s to start

I had a 02 YZ 426, and it started great, as long as you used the hot start when you spill it and do NOT touch the throttle! My 05 CRF is a different story, It seems like it will start in any situation no matter what. Its hands down a easyer starting bike than the ol' 426, but that aint sayin' much, since the 426 was manual decomp, and required quite the procedure.

mine's been a 1 or 2 kick starter for me hot or cold, :cry: haven't dumped it yet, :cry: so I dunno about that :cry: I had a 98 YZF and this is night and day a different animal.

Usually very easy after hot, but last week in the rain at approx. 3500 ft it was a b#t^h. Two days latter with out the rain, in PERFECTO CONDITIONES was very easy,1 kick. I love a second language! :cry::cry:

I'm coming off an '02 YZ250F to the '05 CRF450 and in comparison the Honda starts just as easy (actually easier, since its so new). However, I've noticed it prefers to have the hot start lever pulled in when hot. On the YZ250F, having the hot start lever pulled never really made a diff.

I have had 03, and 04 YZ450's. My new CRF450 is night and day difference. When hot give it a nice easy kick or two and it fires right up. I do not use hot start on mine.

I have a brand new O5 CRF 450, adn I was there when they built it, and I got to kick it the first time, ( I have beena two stroke guy since I was 5) I found TDC and started first kick. I had to adjust the idle, and was perfect, dont know about hot starting, Have broke it in yet. I am this sat. I love it, plus I polish the frame, and other parts, looks killer. I can shave by looking at my frame.

Ryan :cry: