Sign in to follow this  

DRZ/KLX110 model year changes? '02>'05

I'm looking for a decent used 110 and was wondering if there had been any changes to the model since it's inception? I found an '02 for sale but first year models always scare me since the issues haven't been worked out. So, are they all the same or have changes been made?

Thanks, :cry:

Shaun

the 02 110 is hardly a "first year model". It's a first year model to us. Anyway...the 110 motor has been around for quite some time in Asia as a KSR-110 street bike. The plastic is from the 65. They just toned down the motor for the entry level bike market. But all the aftermarket parts for the 110(4th gear drum, carb) are on the street version. Hell...it has a lighting coil on the bike..so all you have to do is tap into the yellow wire, add your lighting kit from acerbis, and poof...you have a bike you can ride at night.

The bike from 02-05 is unchanged. I have heard there are little changes in the 05 model, but 02-04(i have an 04) are the same bike, different graphics(and final gear ratio). thats it. So don't be worried about the '02...its the same as the 03,04,05

Well, I had an 02 model, and it died when you went through a puddle.. it would instantly start back, but I never figured out what the problem was, washing the bike didn't cause any issue, but if my son rode through enough water to splash the motor a little it would die out, like it was flooded.. although ALWAYS start back almost as fast as it died, I saw the problem on this board with other 02 models and on some other boards... The last time I read anything on it, the theory was a vent tube pulling water in or something?? I know Kawa made some changes though because we bought an 04 KLX and didn't have the problem.