Sign in to follow this  

new rims, how much?

Thinking about new rims. Should I automatically be thinking of new hubs also if I'm going with new rims?

What kind of price tag ballpark would I be looking at?

Thank you in advance,

Jas

You can get a pre built set ( without rotors, sprockets) depending on who you order them from $950-$1100 for the complete set front and rear.

Check out www.radmfg.com

Hint: call Jeff @ www.eastcoastwheels.com and talk w/ him. I just got another complete set of RAD/Excels for $899.90 shipped to my door.

Rad Mfg. has new rims that are GARAUNTEED...

Only for a year, but it's better than nuth'n. :cry:

Edit: The RAD hubs (at least the ones on my 250) now have the bolts that hold the rotors thread right into the carrier rather than the stock nut and bolt setup. The RAD hubs on my 450 used the stock nuts and bolts. I just poured loctite all over the RAD-supplied bolts and put 'em in.

try Pro wheels for the cheapest rims. I am happy with them.

motosportoutlet.com has them for pretty cheap and you get free shipping over like $100 or sumtin

Holy nuts, I had no idea they would be nearing a grand.

I think I'll pass on the new rims :cry:

Thank you for the information fellas!

If you built you own you can do it for alot cheaper than a grand. Excel Rims, stainless steel spokes and nipples and just use you stock hubs. Most mortals do not need anything stronger that stock hubs.

I only paid $150.00 for the pair of pro wheels, from Motosport outlet, free shipping, and used the stock spokes and nipples to put them together! Cheap way to go but looks great! :cry: