Supercross Whoop controversy

I must have missed something this Supercross season......

It came to my attention that there is a controversy regarding the track layouts and whoop sections on the tracks being built.

Carmichael is saying there too easy, others say there too hard?

Can anyone fill me in on whats going on?

G

I tend to agree with Ricky... the whoops this year have seemed less agressive than in the past ? . I haven't heard complaints from other riders contradicting him though. I think that Ricky's thought is that he loses some of his advantage if the whoops are mild. He wants the most technical track possible in order to slowdown the competition.

• 2 weeks later...

If you guys ever check out the videos on sites like transworldmotocross.com you will see that the pro's practice tracks are very technical. And that the whoops sections are just short of insane. They have whoop sections where you land in the middle of the whoops, where you have doubles at wierd whoop intervals, everything. The SX whoops look very dull and easy in comparison.

Last year I saw a picture of someone standing in the middle of 2 whoops at a supercross. They were litterally square edge bumps that came up to his waist! I see why they say you have to skim theem and not fall in between 2 of them. And as for arenacross, they basically have the same size jumps, just a lot smaller area to compete in.

According to the ESPN2 anouncers, Dirtwurx has said the tracks will start out relatively easy and progressively get harder. This may have something to do with the whoops being "easy" so far. That being said, I thought the whoops at Anahiem III looked a lot tougher than in the previous rounds.

I am glad to see CR making a race out of it. I like Carmichael but don't want to see anyone run away with it. I agree with the San Diego announcers. Reed made up so much time do to lappers getting in RC's way and then knowing CR was coming, moved aside. But Reed did handle those whoops with precision. And ultimately Carmichael went down in them. I don't think Dirtwurx can make them much harder/deeper than San Diego. I guess we'll see though huh! Anyone know when 259 will be back. I am going to St Louis and would like to see him run.

I am glad to see CR making a race out of it. I like Carmichael but don't want to see anyone run away with it. I agree with the San Diego announcers. Reed made up so much time do to lappers getting in RC's way and then knowing CR was coming, moved aside. But Reed did handle those whoops with precision. And ultimately Carmichael went down in them. I don't think Dirtwurx can make them much harder/deeper than San Diego. I guess we'll see though huh! Anyone know when 259 will be back. I am going to St Louis and would like to see him run.

He's back on the bike and riding at least (so is Pastrana). I have a feeling he won't be returning in time for St. Louis. It's just my opinion, but I have a feeling he's going to hold out until the outdoor season begins. I hope I'm wrong.