Sign in to follow this  

Gone but not forgotten

After reading the discussion about the potential loss of Knobby Hill MX track, it got me thinking about other tracks in Indiana that have gone by the way side. :cry:

Two that stand out in my mind, and these go way back, are the tracks in;

Greenfield In., and Winchester In.

Who else here remembers these tracks, if you do share some stories.

Also share any tracks you remember that are gone but not forgotten.

No but if you're going to list out dead, gone tracks that we once raced on and loved I will have to make my own District 17 list.

Maplehurst Cycle Park - Spring Grove Illinois

Harding Motocross - Harding Illinois

Great Lakes Drag Way - Union Grove Wisconsin

Too many practice tracks to even think of listing.

Never been to your tracks, and you probably were never at mine.

No hi-jack, just had to vent. :cry:

Not a problem Johnny, you no what else I miss, is the 30 min + 1 lap motos, :cry: not the 5 or 6 lap sprints they have today :cry:

Not a problem Johnny, you no what else I miss, is the 30 min + 1 lap motos, :cry: not the 5 or 6 lap sprints they have today :cry:

:cry::cry::cry:

Never had any 30 minute moto's in these parts,,, not that I was in anyways. I think the longest moto I've raced in district 17 was 8 laps at Byron. 5 laps was about the average. I think the longest A class moto's were 15 or 20 minutes. Always 4 billion classes to go through in a day.

Now if ya wanna talk about the 2 hour hare-scrambles,,,,,,,, :devil:

:cry::cry::cry:

Never had any 30 minute moto's in these parts,,, not that I was in anyways. I think the longest moto I've raced in district 17 was 8 laps at Byron. 5 laps was about the average. I think the longest A class moto's were 15 or 20 minutes. Always 4 billion classes to go through in a day.

Now if ya wanna talk about the 2 hour hare-scrambles,,,,,,,, :devil:

We didn't have a bunch of them, but I was in a few. Back in the day 15 to 20 min motos was common. My point to all of this is that although I love racing motox I don't like spend my hard earned $$$ to sit on my arse most of the day and only get 15 laps max on the track :cry:

The sound of a 2 hour hare scramble, although physically taxing, sounds awesome :cry:

SPEAKING of closed tracks....the dealers in indy were hit pretty hard when knobby hill closed. i'm scavenging to find a place to ride this season.

We didn't have a bunch of them, but I was in a few. Back in the day 15 to 20 min motos was common. My point to all of this is that although I love racing motox I don't like spend my hard earned $$$ to sit on my arse most of the day and only get 15 laps max on the track :cry:

The sound of a 2 hour hare scramble, although physically taxing, sounds awesome :cry:

If my back ever heals we should do one together, they have some pretty good ones your way I think. :cry:

Yeah, I haven't been to a district race in years cause ya sit around all day for 15 minutes of racing. The last races I did were the racerX series, Saturdays, Only old men classes, and done by 4:00 or so. That was exceptable to me. (But having 45 bikes on the line for +40B wasn't so good now that I think about it.) :cry:

SPEAKING of closed tracks....the dealers in indy were hit pretty hard when knobby hill closed. i'm scavenging to find a place to ride this season.

We are going to Attica Sunday morning... Not a track but it's riding none the less.