Sign in to follow this  

How many guys over 100 hours on a 2005

Any TT'ers logged over 100 hours on a 2005?

Still on original Piston and Valves/springs? Seems like the 2005 bikes are holding up better then the 2004's (so far).

I have heard of a few that have over 70 hours all stock/original.... :cry:

( I currently have 38 hours)

I'm thinking I have about 100. I've had the bike since late august, I ride 4-5 times a week, I may have alot more than 100. Valves are still to spec, starts 1st or 2nd kick when cold. :cry:

20-30 Hours on ENGINE. Yes, That means I could have been out on the bike for 40-50 hours, but I have only had the engine running 20-30 hours! No problems here :cry:

20-30 Hours on ENGINE. Yes, That means I could have been out on the bike for 40-50 hours, but I have only had the engine running 20-30 hours! No problems here :cry:

So...how do you ride without the engine running?

where can i get an hour meter for my 05 crf250r?

NOTE: See EDIT below!

You can find a nice STS-5000 Sendec on Ebay. That's where I bought my model 806-100-1032 Sendec. I'd have bought the STS-5000 if it was available when I bought.

EDIT: I was wrong. The preferred hour meter is the FS-500 Sendec. Thanks dennit1

Skipn8r,

Is the SenDEC STS-5000 only a tach? I have the SenDEC FS-500 and it clearly states on their web site the 500 is tach/hour meter.

Sometimes when I'm out trail riding and what not, I take a break, when I'm at the track for practice, I sit in the pits. Doesn't always mean I'm riding it. Probably my fault for saying that in the first place.

Skipn8r,

Is the SenDEC STS-5000 only a tach? I have the SenDEC FS-500 and it clearly states on their web site the 500 is tach/hour meter.

My bad. I really thought I read that the STS-5000 was also an hour meter, but I just checked and it does appear to be only a tach. Good catch. I guess my meds haven't fully worn off :cry: .

BTW, did you get to make that top speed run yet?

With a trail-tech, I got my 05 stock to hit 65 into the wind half throttle. 5th gear. It was a crappy day so I didn't top it out.

My bad. I really thought I read that the STS-5000 was also an hour meter, but I just checked and it does appear to be only a tach. Good catch. I guess my meds haven't fully worn off :cry: .

BTW, did you get to make that top speed run yet?

No speed test, we got about 18 inches of snow about a week after I put the tach/hour meter on. I really would like to get out and ride but I guess you really don't need to hear me. Hope the recovery goes quickly :cry: . I may trade in my knee guards for the braces after reading your surgery post. Where did you mount your hourmeter? Did you ever post a picture.

Mounted mine behind the front number plate on top of the CDI. It has to be monted vertically, but its the slickest way I've seen it done. Not in open view, but one screw and your looking at it.

Hope the recovery goes quickly :cry: . I may trade in my knee guards for the braces after reading your surgery post. Where did you mount your hourmeter? Did you ever post a picture.

1) Surgery sucks, but my knee feels great. Soft tissue is still tender, but I think I'll be pretty normal in about a week :cry: . Doc is still insisting on 6 months off the bike :cry: .

2) If you can work some Asterisks into the budget, I suggest you do. Then spend a lot of time adjusting for proper fit. If you have questions, PM me. Refer to number 1. BTW, Cycle Gear has a 10% off sale next week. If you have one nearby, it could save you $50 on some braces.

3) I mounted my Sendec to the right side frame with two tie wraps, near the shroud. Easy to spot check. Post some pix of your install as I think I'll probably upgrade to one like yours soon.

Here's how I mounted mine.

CRF250R_041.jpg

Be sure to attach the wire like this or it won't work.

Sendec_connection.jpg

Nice mounting :cry: !