Sign in to follow this  

02 yz250f suspension set up for a featherweight

A couple of months ago i bought a 2002 yz250f, and the guy who had the bike had the suspension set up for him and he weighs in at 250lbs, however im half that weight, so i definately need to get the suspension set up for my weight. I have called around to two different shops, aftershocks in Palo Alto and faultline suspension in Tres Pinos. As well I got two blown forkseals that need to be replaced ASAP.

What have you guys heard of about these two shops, any personal experience with them?

Am I gonna need new fork springs, and a revalve to accomadate my weight?

Thanks in Advance :cry:

I don't know about those two shops, but you are, without doubt, in need of lighter fork and shock springs. Most likely a re-valve also.

Yep, what he said. I too had a 2002 YZF and I weigh 140lbs on a good day. I got a revalve and new springs and it made the world. :)

My dad had his springs replaced for his ktm 300 by faultline and we told him that we needed it set up a 230 lb. guy who rides mx. Stock in there was .40 and he put in .45 and stills easily bottoms out for him and I have even made in bottom out and I weigh 125. I would have put in at least .48 but anyways I would probaly not have him do anything again.