Sign in to follow this  

CRF250R with PC Ti-4

Hi everyone,

I have a 2005 CRF250R with a Pro circuit Ti-4 full exhaust system (GP header pipe) :cry: . I have removed the filter cage and run on race gas (100+ octane).

I live in New Zealand and the altitude is typically 0-100ft. Currently summer and temps are around the 77-86deg.

I have ordered my JD jetting kit and it is now on it's way to me... :cry:

Currently running stock jets, needle on 4 clip position and fuel screw at 2 turns out.

When my JD kit turns up what will be the best settings for me to try first up?

Thanks for you help. :cry:

Cheers,

Mike.

Mike,

Red marked needle in the #5 clip position and #175MJ is an estimate to use initially. Set the fuel screw to 1 3/4 turns out from seated.

Thanks,

James

Hi James,

Thanks for that.

My JD Kit hasn't arrived yet, but I had a play around with the jetting on the weekend anyway as the bike was not running correct.

I went to the #175MJ and turned the fuel screw back to 1 3/4. This still wasn't quite right, so I can see that moving the needle clip may definitely help.

I expect my JD kit in the next day or two, so will install and set as per your instructions. Will test out on the weekend (Club Race Day) and advise outcome.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Mike.

Hi,

I raced on the weekend with settings as per JD's recommendations. Bike ran sweet! No bogs anywhere. :p

Only thing that I noticed was that when idling the bike was a bit crackly...didn't worry too much about it as how often do you idle in MX...

I'm thinking this is just going to be the fuel screw - right?? :)

Thanks JD. :)

Cheers,

Mike.