Sign in to follow this  

Progressive Motorcycle insurance

Have any of you guys made a claim against it? I filled their online forms out on Tuesday and was ready to buy the policy. Basically, I want fire and theft protection. Thats enough. For the hell of it, I added 100.00 deductible comprehensive. The extra amount was only 5.00 per year. Great, I am all set. Bill total 75.00, no problem.

I then started thinking about all of the aftermarket goodies on the bike. I would hate to lost the cost of pipes, forks, etc if the bike was ripped off. I better bump the amount of aftermarket goodies to 2000.00 (was 1000.00). I hit the total button and the premium amount was still 75.00. All the quote sheet did was subtract the extra premium money from the basic insurance and add it right back in on the bottom line.

I wonder if their minimum premium amount is 75.00??? I did not sign up for this because this made mo sence to me. Still, it would be easy to use up 100.00 in parts in a crash....

Here is the link. I woudl love to know if the same thing happens to you guys. http://affinity.progressive.com/entry.asp?url=www.progressive.com&code=8003500067&config=aumcbtrv

You are lucky it's only $75!

My 2005 CFR450 here in California is $150 with mature driver rating and all the other "extras" to make it the cheapest rate.

The combo for me was $100 deductable and $2500 custom parts. Anything over these choices brought the price up slightly.

By the way...thanks for the post. My wife kept reminding me to get coverage and your post prompted me to do it. Whew, I feel better already!

Insuring a dirt bike... never realy gave it much thought...

How many of you have insurance on your trench diggers?

What about having it on a Toy Hawler and the bikes getting taken out of it? are the bikes covered?

Whats it cost (estamate) to insure a CRF450?

Comparing insurance on a trench digger vs a MX bike is way off. My dirt bikes are nicer and worth more money than alot of used cars. No, I am not bragging, if I listed the cars I own that would be bragging.

When I added my '02 CRF450, this was the 4th bike on the policy, the total went up $4. I was told there is a discount at 4 bikes and they wern't kidding.

Chris, I really only wanted theft protection. I was shocked when they were offering collision at such a low price. Seriously, it raised my rate only 5.00 per year or so.

I suppose if I crash and rip up a radiator, this would not be covered!

Mine was quoted at $124 here in AZ...but I noticed that you can't select that you use it for racing :cry:

You are correct ,there minimum premium here in Ohio is $75.00, keep adding stuff on until it goes over the minimum,and do not say that you race it say off road use.

here in MI they wont let you just get theft, have to have the whole deal, cost me $275. Then I found out how hard it would be to get reimbursed for an unregistered canadian bike, so I am now without insurance and crossing my fingers.

Comparing insurance on a trench digger vs a MX bike is way off. My dirt bikes are nicer and worth more money than alot of used cars. No, I am not bragging, if I listed the cars I own that would be bragging.

Ever ride though your neibors yard?? I call my CRF450 a trench digger. :cry:

Loan companies today request that you insure the bike to protect the loan. Progressive seems to be the only company that will offer the insurance.

I went through HRCA to get the insurance; Progressive claims if the bike goes off a cliff they will repair it. I even told them that this is a competition motorcycle; they replied we know, do you want to pay annually or monthly?

I use allstate and tell them the value of the bike and the VIN number (serial number) on it. Fire, theft, coll. = $107

They know I race so the deal is not covered on a race day as soon as I enter the track. But I am cover for practice, trail riding, having it in the back of my truck, at home, etc.

If you take your paperwork to the sec of state, you can get a title for your bike. I have done it several times. Show them on your original purchase papers where you paid the tax, and you only get charged for the title fee. I think it was $11.

If I crashed my bike and tore off a radiator and bent my bars.....lets say the total repair , with labor, was about 600.00.

Do you really think progressive would pay for this?? If so, I guess were all stupid for not buying the collsion. It sounds as if you could pay the 100,00 deductible and be on your way.