Sign in to follow this  

2002 Ktm 250exc Rfs

I am UK based and have 2002 KTM 250EXC RFS. The bike has the std stock jetting & is suffering with hesitation when accelerating hard from low revs, I beleive this is a standard problem with this model. It is fitted with a Keihin CR35 carb, does anybody know of a simple cure and can anyone tell me if there is a JD jetting/needle kit availiable for this model.

There may be other options but this worked for me. JD jet kit for the '03 model. Follow instructions for sizes. You will need a 48 pilot. The pilot that comes with the JD kit will not work. HT-Racing headers help tremendously with the bog also.

Same said it right, My Son has a fleet of these in his business, stock jetting is screwed up as is that too big header pipe.

The carb went thru some minor changes from 02 to 03 and the older style all jetting works the same except the pilot, it needs one size bigger than the early carb so get the jd kit for an 03, it will come with a 45 pilot that will not even fit your carb body, then get a 48 pilot for the early style. It will become a pretty good bike!