Sign in to follow this  

DMV in Georgia

Hey guys, I've got an '03 DR-Z400E that I'm considering a Baja Designs or other dual-sport kit to make it street legal in Georgia. Has anyone in this forum tried this in Georgia?

Thanks.

My brother moved from NY to GA 2 years ago. However when he moved he had a NYS Learners Permit. In GA he went to the dmv to get a GA Permit. He filed all the paperwork and such. Two weeks later he received a LICENSE in the mail. So my general impression is the GA DMV in/near Darien, GA is not too bright. If you have trouble at your local dmv try a trip to Darien :cry:

HH

I never had any luck DS'ing a bike here, and brother I tried! That's when I said screw it and bought my KLXSR. There have been threads about this before. Some have had luck while others have not. Seems to me that it is luck of the draw. Also, if your title says anywhere on it "For offroad use only" you can forget about it. If it doesn't say that, I'd say you have a chance of making it happen. Good luck...let us know what happens. :cry:

Try posting this in the DS forum or the SE forum...you may get more regional help.

I got a Ga. tag and title for my '00 KTM 200EXC, no problem. The key was that the MSO did not say "Off Road Use Only".

There is a process where you can DS the bike and with the proper paperwork, a title bond and a Law Enforcement inspection you can title the beast.

Good luck,

John