Sign in to follow this  

valve springs/need help

Put new top end in.took head off and took out valves to check and clean.put back together and no compession,I think i might of mixed ou intake and exhaust springs.which are which.there are tall and short which go were.any help.thanks.

Thanks for the reply.That what i thought.And thats the way i have it.When i kick it over it sounds strange.I have had it apart before and ran fine.I guess i will have to check it over.

also if any one reads this .is it possible that the decompression mech is jammed.It kicks over but no compression.

it wont matter if the decompressers jamed because it doesn't move untill the engines running. think you gotta strip it all back down . first try taking the plug out n stuffing papper towel down the tube then kick it over n if it dont shoot it out you'll know its a compression problem. good luck :cry:

thanks guys for responding,I figured it out.the cam chain was not on the lower gear.I took the head cover off and it was just spinning without any thing moving.I thought i would have to take it all apart again.I am always very careful when it comes to this stuff.I guess even the best make mistakes :cry: .Im working on it now but had to take a brake massive headache can barely type.again thanks.

I thought that there really wasn't too much room for the cam chain to come off the crank gear. When I reshimmed after break in I tied the cam chain to the frame. I haven't taken the head off yet but is it that easy for the chain to slip off? When you take off the head I guess you just have to be careful and try to keep the chain pulled up with the other hand( the third one). :cry::cry:

I had the chain tied too but when working on engine things happen.when you have to put the engine back together you have to untie it and i guess i let it get too loose.As careful as you are every one will make mistakes.You can learn from my mistake and if have you engine apart just make sure chain is hooked up.