Sign in to follow this  

ride gear

You can bet that all of the major name brands are good, it becomes a personal preference and perhaps brand loyalty. I am currently using FOX, but am considering some THOR stuff which is nice too. Try stuff on and check out the fit for YOU, then decide on how much $$$ you are willing to part with.

By the way, the Fender Hiway 1 Strat is one kick ass git-fiddle!!!

i dont really have a place to try stuff on

i can only order it from a shop down the street

we stay with oneal or thor, pretty good stuff for the price. I just got my wife and kid new gear today at half price ( 2004 model) at motorcycle usa. You can get really expensive gear or gear that will work for the job. Just don't go cheap on a helmet or chest protecter. hope this helps.

In most cases you can get a better price on-line if you shop around. I vote for Moose gear but I ride mostly woods...Get your self protection first and if you can spend it get knee braces....

save your knees if they're bad. If you don't have problems with your knees, I wouldn't worry about needing them. Take that extra money and invest in a nice lid- that's more important.

Definitely spend your $$ on a helmet, it is NOT worth it to buy a cheap one.

Knee protectors with shin guards are worth it too, they are much less than braces, but they will save your knees on a hard wipe out. I say this from experience too.

Look for package deals from the online guys, sometimes that can save you $$ too. The biggest question becomes "what can I afford" compared to what you want, obviously there names that are less and perhaps the quality is less, but most of it is within a reasonable semblance of quality to the other. Mostly. Too bad you don't a place to try stuff on, where are you?