Sign in to follow this  

Do I need a new rim ???

I had 4 spokes that must have been loose for a while and the nipples are worn

and it also made the holes in the rim larger.

I ordered new spokes and nipples,now is there a way of fixing the rim??

Would putting washers on the nipples inside the rim work?

What about welding in the holes and re-drilling?

Thanks for any input.

Al

yea u probably need a new rim i had that happen to my kx60 a long time ago and i made holes in the hub big had to get a hole new hub

Once you do fix the problem it would probably be a good idea to keep your spokes tight. It's called "BASIC MAINTAINANCE". DUH!!!

Obie#723

Nice way of pouring salt into the wound. That last part was really unnecessary, but thats jut my opinion.

Nice way of pouring salt into the wound. That last part was really unnecessary, but thats jut my opinion.

Seriously. Not a good way to make people feel welcome. Also probably not the best way to round up clients for your helmet painting business, obie.

Once you do fix the problem it would probably be a good idea to keep your spokes tight. It's called "BASIC MAINTAINANCE". DUH!!!

Obie#723

HOTHEDZ CUSTOM GRAPHICS Custom Helmet Painting By Obie!!! CALL 770-309-8803

yea I know I would wanna put a phone number in my Sig and make smart a$$ comments.Grow up man I am sure your bike isnt always perfectly maintained

You da man owenlo!!! You so great!!! You my hero!!! Who the hell would want a custom painted helmet anyway???

You know what??? I don't care what y'all think. That is a STUPID MISTAKE brought about by piss poor maintainance. PERIOD.

These kind of posts are the exact reason this site has become my least visited site on the net. Stupid is, stupid does. Sure i poured salt on the wound because it is plain STUPID. If you think I am wrong then you better go check your spokes.

Obie #723

P.S. Yes my bike is meticulously maintained because i paid 5600 dollars for it and it REQUIRES it and I dont want to have to ask a lame question about how to fix a rim I f'ed up due to POOR MAINTAINANCE. Every weekend in the garage I go over EVERY NUT AND BOLT.

Please do call, I have nothing to hide. I have PLENTY OF BUSINESS without one TT'r so it makes no diff to me.

P.S.S. Original poster, you will probably be better off finding a wheel on EBAY for 15 to 50 bucks rather than messing with yours.

P.S.S.S. If you read his post it says " must have been loose for a while" and "can I put washers on the nipples" DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really, you might want to ry a nicer, gentler approach. We all have to learn and we all make mistakes. I'm sure he has learned, and somebody else who was reading the thread, might just check their spokes.

Now, if your thinking of making some other "cute" remark about my suggestion, understand this is my nice side......:cry:

There, Now are everybodies feelings better? :cry::cry::cry:

Now why don't you try to help the man out. Has anyone else tried to help him out or do you just like bashing me for bashing him. I tried to help him with a PM long ago. While the rest of you were no better to the man, than the man on the moon. Y'all put a smile on my face though. I love seeing a bunch of grown men get SO WHACKED OUT over a simple post with a little criticism in it that they lose their complete thought process and forget all about the original post and question. Y'ALL LEFT THE MAN TO THE WOLVES over me. :cry: Sorry Dizzy Al. I would still try E-Bay like my P.M. Suggested

Obie :cry:

P.S. May I suggest that ALL OF YOU go check your spokes!

Actually, the BIGGER picture lies with the next person who sees your response and decides he doesn't want to be subjected to ridicule for asking what you have determined to be a dumb question.

Now, we have lost the main focus on what we are here to do, which is help.

It seems that Motoxracer 595 took care of the issue just fine. That would be the answer most of the rest of us would have given, especially without seeing exactly what the rim looked like.

I have no doubt that were trying to help, but your response did have a "bite" to it, but your spoke information was good................. :cry: