Sign in to follow this  

4 strokes make you lazy ?

why is it the people who ride 2 strokes think that the peole who ride 4 strokes are lazy? Just because we dont have to use the clutch as much doesnt mean we are lazy. they also say your a better rider if you ride a 2 stroke. anyone believe this ??

Well I ride a four stroke and I am a pretty lazy person....I also have a 2 stroke and I've have to say it is a little more of a work out even though it takes quite a bit of effort to get the 4 strokes started after stalling.I still prefer the thumper better. :cry:

A 4-stroke is much more forgiving for inexperienced riders. Much wider power band requires less clutching and shifting. That said, my DRZ isn't thrown around as easily as my RM is.

4 strokes don't make you lazy at all. For me, it makes me work harder by concentrating more on the track and how to deal with technical sections smarter and faster in contrast to a 2stroke.... which for me on my old rm125 was focusing on how to use the power, which was very abrubt and not very tractable. Since it makes me work harder at the track and not focusing on the bike, the end result are faster lap times, easier cleared jumps, quicker cornering etc etc. It doesn't make you lazy, it makes you faster and smarter about what terrain you are riding. The people saying we are lazy are too lazy themselves to go out and ride one.

i agree with it. its alot easier to just torque it out of a turn on a thumper then it is to effectively use the clutch and position your body weight. i dont think its that much easier, but decently easier. i probably wont switch to a 4-stroke until im a mid-front pack B class rider. The 2-stroke is more of a workout then riding a thumper is. stavendirtbike, i believe you are wrong. it takes alot more work to focus on the aspects of the narrow 2-stroke powerband of a 125 thus making you a better rider.

I say either riding is good exercise, whether or not one is lazier than the other, that depends on the rider. I get a heck of a workout on my thumper and also enjoy the smooth transition in speed, vs on or off on a 2 stroke. It is the second best exercise you can do compared to soccer.

I ride 4 stokes and I am very lazy. I have to have the magic button and and autoclutch to make it worth while. If I could just get cruise control and a mini fridge I would be set. Asking me to mix oil with the gas and actually kick start it is out of the question. Riding is supposed to be fun right... not like work. If I wanted to work I would go get the beer out of the fridge myself :cry:

I too have been thinking the same thing, both bikes require alot of work, and thumpers are more friendly to new riders, But I had a YZ125 before my 250F, and I do find myself slacking off in some situations which I hate to say, that I would of never done on my 2smoke. And there are places on my 2stroke that I slouched on that I dont do on my 250F, Im sure thats from gaining experience but i guess its a trade off depending on the bike and what you gain through experience. Thumpers are also alot easier to corner and jump compared to 2-strokes.

I agree with the majority of replies. "I was lazy long before my 4 stroke ADDICTION". :cry::cry: But I do believe that a "ring ding" riding it like you stole it, would definitely put a rider into submission long before a thumper would. They are monsters when they bite!! :cry:

I heard Bubba say how it was like having a day off riding the 4 stroke, and blowing everyones doors in. I haven't ridin a two strokes in a while, but the 4 stroke still kicks my a$$ after a couple laps, and 2 stroke would probably tear my arms OFF!

mx is a gnarly workout no matter what, 2 or 4-stroke but the extra torque and smooth power delivery makes it a bit easier. dirtbikes 4 lyfe!

My first bike was a smoker, the only thing that I worked harder was my left hand.

i got better lap time on my 125 2smoker than riding a thumper

when i get tired on the thumper, i just used the torque to ride and kinda slacken abit

but on the 2smoker, when i get tired, i really gotta stop before i crash.

:cry:

why is it the people who ride 2 strokes think that the peole who ride 4 strokes are lazy? Just because we dont have to use the clutch as much doesnt mean we are lazy. they also say your a better rider if you ride a 2 stroke. anyone believe this ??

i think it depends, but here is more generalization:

2 strokes, being lighter, are physically easier to ride

however, clutching and other aspects of 2 stroke riding require greater mental concentration, and require more practice and experience to perfect.

JMHO

You def. have to be more on top of powerband/clutch management w/ a 2S, which works your left hand more. On the flip side, my YZ is much less fatiguing to ride than my old CRF, but still I ride it more aggressively.

4 strokes are easier to ride, because of the less clutch work. 2 strokes are easier, because you don't have to work the weight of the bike around. There's 2 different riding styles. A 4 stroke can be riden lazily, while a 2 stroke will clog the exhaust and foul the plug. It's just 2 different bikes. You have to ride a 2 stroke harder, but that doesn't make 4 stroke riders lazy, it just gives them that option.

The additional power can make you lazy because you don't have to work the bike to keep up the momentum. This can make you ride lazy.