Sign in to follow this  

'03 CRF 450 motor mods

I have a '03 CRF 450 motor in a aftermarket atv chassis. The compression is weak and it's time for some help. I'm thinking about going with a wiseco 12.5:1 compression piston, stock bore, and sending the cylinder to Varner Motorsports to get the cylinder ported. My question is, what kind of cam do you all recommend, and who else does good port work? I have a stock cam now, I ride mx and sand dunes. I have a TC Racing exhaust and stock FCR carb and ignition. Thanks

Call Ron Hamp at RHC. Give him as much money as he asks for. You will be scared of your bike/couch.

couch.... :cry:

Get a 480cc big bore...have RHC port your head to match....slap a higher compression piston in...and hold onto your shorts. :cry:

OR if you feel like spending a bit less...just do the RHC porting and piston...with some good valve springs and let 'er rip...

My 450 would have been a good quad motor...it had the full RHC porting, cam, springs, SM1 exhaust, and 12.5:1 Wiseco piston....it was hard to hold onto when the throttle was wide open... kind of like a turbo electric engine, power everywhere, smooth, but about as subtle as hooker on the strip...