Sign in to follow this  

Track Day at PIRU MX, CALI?

hey everyone (especially socal girls) -

would you be interested in participating in a charity track day at piru? in other words, if the track were rented and the proceeds (some or all) went to the lance armstrong foundation or the susan g. komen foundation (breast cancer), would you be down for it?

i need to get a feel for how many people would sign up for this so that i can get with the track owners about details. no date, nada has been set - only in the planning stages. it would be nice to do it soon - maybe next month. suggestions for dates would be good, too. highly probable that this would be a week day...i know that's bad, but we might not have a choice, don't know.

first, before getting into allllll that, i need to know if enough people would be interested in it.

tell me what you think!! pro/con feedback, as well as ideas to help make this happen, make it fun, whatever, are welcomed.

thanks!

~tex

Just thought I'd offer a little sugestion. There are a lot of track days organized over on the forum at www.proride.com, maybe you could generate some interest there as well. Mostly So Cal track riders there. Good luck, sounds like a great cause. :cry:

Were you trying to do a girls only day, or open to all?

I think it sounds like a great idea. The Piru track is a lot of fun. Keep us posted

i am familiar with proride, and this may end up on that board eventually as well!!

this is also posted in the thumperette section...

i'm glad to see a few people interested!!!

it is for guys and girls - guys just need to be prepared to share the track with girls, and for there to be "girl's ride only" times, too! not that there won't be some chicks there that can rail!! just want it to be fun for those of us that are not used to tracks (cough, like me, cough).

thanks for responding...i will post info as i get it.

any more takers?? questions??

I'd go, would a membership to the track be required? I know of a couple more guys that would probably do it if it were a Friday... :cry:

Last I heard Piru was still IMSA. You'd have to have an IMSA membership.

I know my friend and I have been wanting to get back out there to ride the track for a while now. I believe a midweek ride would be doable for both of us, and we both have family that has been affected by breast cancer so it would be great if that is where some of the money was donated. :cry:

What kind of entry fee were you thinking to cover the track fee and have some left over for donating?

I would ride and probably could get a few others also. We all have the IMSA card as we ride Piru at least a few times a month.

I'm in. Sounds like a great way to raise some scratch for a good cause. :cry: The Susan G. Komen Foundation totally gets my vote.

Ideas... Get a raffle together. Once you make it all official most places won't mind giving up a few hand outs for charity. I know of a couple of places that would almost for sure donate a few things.

Also, I might be able to get a photographer out there. He could shoot pics all day and maybe get a digital one for free but I'm sure everything beyond that like prints and more digitals per person would cost something. But it's always cool to have a professional pic of yerself hanging around.

As far as whether it be on a weekday or not... Well, for me and Mike (myoung) it's not really that big of deal since we both kinda make our own hours. But as for everybody else with a 9 to 5er? Eh, what the heck, take the day off. It's for a good cause AND you get to ride. How great is that? It'd be worth using up a little vacation time.

Anyways, just throwin stuff out there. But I'm in. :cry:

Talk to Gordon @ Piru! He'd be down to help! Great Guy!

We just had a Proride day 2/6/05 @ Perris raceway and had over 100 proriders donating/raffle for MDA Over $1700 was raised! I'd be there for sure!

ya, desto, i know the piru mx family! i'm trying to see how much interest there is - i've already put a word in, but don't want to waste anyone's time if i can't pull it off, you know? ya, i heard tha PR day had to be LIMITED to 100 people - that's great!! i know bridget and worm from over thurrr...

i'm happy to see so many guys say they are interested in doing this! disappointed there aren't as many girls "in."

i posted this on mxgirls.com originally, but got only about 10 "ins." reaction here (from all of you fine gentlemen) has been much better.

so, we'll see!! i'm gonna let this sit out there a little longer!!

wHAT HAPPENED TO THE POSTS FROM YESTERDAY?????

ya, no kidding!

&%$#@!?

uhhh, to recap. i said i'd get on the planning for late march early april!

and i said - desto, good luck with that hernia and take care of yourself!

yes sir!

i'll try to get in touch with gordon's wife this weekend or monday, prolly!

Pretty strange. I hope this gets going. A great cause and some fun riding :cry:

wHAT HAPPENED TO THE POSTS FROM YESTERDAY?????

DOH....that sux.. :)

Anyways, let's get this sucker rollin'! The earlier the better. My fat ass hates the heat... :)