Sign in to follow this  

thoughts on a 05 250SX

A buddy of mine is looking at a new 250SX. The dealer has it out for a price well below MSRP.

He's been thinking about getting back into riding recently but doesn't know much about KTM's

He's pretty much a speed freak, but probably won't be going on many tracks and will mostly be using it for trails. The 4strokes would make more sense I suppose, but he said the price seemed too good to pass up.

Any thoughts on this bike? I've read they changed some designs with the frame to firm them up and at mid-range these things are supposed to be rediculously fast. He's a guy in his thirties like me, and he has the brains to work a performance bike, I'd just hate to see him spend the buck on something that may not fit the areas we ride.

So I guess I'm asking if any of you have race bikes that suit you for off-road too?

are you talking about THE 250sx that is almost impossible to get? the 4 stroke if he can he should get it beforte somebody else does

Yeah, I didn't know they were in demand, interesting cause I'd like to get it myself. All I've heard is they're rockets and they look pretty damn sharp too.

I assume he is talking about the two stroke 250SX. They are definatly a good bike SX is set up for track use. If he is trailriding I would be looking for an EXC with the spark arrestor and wider range of gears,

I assume he is talking about the two stroke 250SX. They are definatly a good bike SX is set up for track use. If he is trail riding I would be looking for an EXC with the spark arrestor and wider range of gears,

it's a 2-stroke. I have an 04 250sx and if it's cheap enough to merit adding a flywheel weight, and possibly revalving the suspension, it's a great woods bike. it is the most powerful 2-stroke 250, but it has good low-end and mid-range power that makes it pretty easy to ride. not a great bike for total beginner in really gnarly stuff, but someone coordinated with a little skill will have a great time on a 250sx.

i use mine for racing dezert and enduros and for general trailriding, mostly tighter and semi-technical singletrack. check out ktmtalk.com for more info on these bikes.

seems like most of the mx-ers want 4-strokes now, so i got my sx dirt cheap.

mw

Thanks for the replys,

KTM has a lot of nice bikes to choose from (never knew) and this definitely prompted me to get more interested in them. the bike he's looking at is the 2-stroke and I was actually surprised that the seat height was only 36.4, for some reason I thought it would be a bit taller,but consdiering my friend is probaly 6'-6' 1" it would probably be an ok size for him.

Thanks for the replys,

KTM has a lot of nice bikes to choose from (never knew) and this definitely prompted me to get more interested in them. the bike he's looking at is the 2-stroke and I was actually surprised that the seat height was only 36.4, for some reason I thought it would be a bit taller,but consdiering my friend is probaly 6'-6' 1" it would probably be an ok size for him.

i'm 6'2", and i put a taller seat on both my ktm's. i find it alot more comfy that way.