Sign in to follow this  

Can i ride my 03 450 and never worry about having any troubles???

i have about 60 hours now on my 03. original everything except oil/filters/front tire. always cranks on first time when warm and 3-4 kicks when its really cold in florida (40-50 degrees), have never thought to check anything else EXCEPT chain tension and spokes, even my plastic looks great. who else has this kind of reliability on their bike.

I just had to post after reading sooooo many negative posts, and just wanted to let people know that the 450's are great bikes, well at least mine is!

john

03 crf450r

I have got to wonder if most of the folks having problems live on the rev limiter and so forth. My 03 is rock solid also.

I would never worry. Worrying is a waste of time. Address problems as needed and keep up with the maintenance and you should be good. :cry:

You shoundnt worry while riding your crf 450 you never know when your wife or girl freind are going to dump you or your kid is getting in fights @ school or you could be fired the next day .Or were you refering to the excelent reliabilty of your bike that you also should not worry about . :cry:

When I first got my bike I didnt worry about anything. I would ride out in the desert 25+ miles without worries. Then I heard all the negitives about the valves on here and start to worry when im out in the dez all alone. I need to get a track phone or something..

i have probably over 150 hours on my bike and everything is perfect. i too think that the only reason people have problems is cuz the bang the rev limiter. i don't know how to ride that fast, so i'm gonna be fine.

When I first got my bike I didnt worry about anything. I would ride out in the desert 25+ miles without worries. Then I heard all the negitives about the valves on here and start to worry when im out in the dez all alone. I need to get a track phone or something..

Shouldn't ride along in the dez, to many mines to drop into, or square edge washes that were not there the last time out. We always carry a cell, check for reception before relying on it.

You shoundnt worry while riding your crf 450 you never know when your wife or girl freind are going to dump you or your kid is getting in fights @ school or you could be fired the next day .Or were you refering to the excelent reliabilty of your bike that you also should not worry about . :cry:

Sounds like my week, but am surely not worried about my 450:)

One.

I was going to do it for my CRF250, but the valve spring waiting game soured me. I'll probably get an '05 head when they are off back order and see where that takes me.

Me. I am doing a new top-end (finally) after 100+ hours of MX and WFO dunes.

shifter--100 hours plus sounds pretty solid to me! What made you decide to do the top end at that point. Did the valves get tight and you just decided it was time for the tear down?

Same here, my '03 has been worry free for the past 2 years. That is until i roasted my clutch last week. I figured it was time for some TLC for the ol 450, so I'm doing the top end as well.

My '03 has been abused every weekend for two years on an MX track (when I'm not healing my broken bones..:cry: ) and has been rock solid every time out! :cry:

Dont worry! Ride!:cry:

Don't worry. My 02 had well over 300hrs on it when I sold it with the original valves in it. (1 top end and intake valve springs and reground the seats at around 200hrs)

I saw your screen name Bamafutbal, are you from Bama? I grew up in Alabama and rode a lot. Went to Univ of Alabama and, of course, a big Bama Football fan. Still get back a couple times of year to visit the family. Been in Southern California for a while and also have a 03 crf450. No problems so far. Haven't even adjusted the values.