Plz post pics of your tt-r230

Whether or not you can handle the power is a load of bull chips. Anyone can handle the power of anything you just have to be ready for it and know what kind of power you are dealing with. To be concerned about the power of a TTR230 is absurd; now on the other hand if you're on the smaller side of the bell curve, then you might be concerned about the power of a 230.

ive ridden the 125 and 225 back to back, 225 and 230 being basically same motor, and the 225 makes more power, but nothing to be worried about. same with the yz or wr. they dont make power that tries to rip your arms out of your sockets, just more horsepower than you're used to. unless you're a candy ass, you can handle the 250s

I've had the '05 230 now long enough to know that it is NOT a pile of junk.

It has loads of power for a two valve and will easily compare to the crf 230.

It does not compare to any MX bikes like the YZ or CR. This is a very good trail bike.

As far as being a chopped up 225 it is not. the bike is completely redesigned from the ground up. The engine may seem to be the same as the 225, but it is not. Info from Yammy is scarce, but with the added low end torque I'm sure it is stroked.

I'll post pics as soon as I can. ?

I would love to get any type of bike expect for the ttr. I know that I ready for that big people bike, but because of my older brother crashing all the time he thinks that I would to same or even harder, when I haven't fell for the last month or so, damn he pisses me off. Whatever at least i gotz a bike ? But yeah, yz125? i would go but its a 2 smoke. I like my 4 stroke ?

there is nothing wrong with the TTR...............we just have a bunch of guys on here that are so insecure somewhere in their own life they have to prove what a big man they are by trying to have the biggest badest bike. On trails.... the most important thing is who is driving!....loolol... ?

there is nothing wrong with the TTR...............we just have a bunch of guys on here that are so insecure somewhere in their own life they have to prove what a big man they are by trying to have the biggest badest bike. On trails.... the most important thing is who is driving!....loolol... ?

What he said

there is nothing wrong with the TTR...............we just have a bunch of guys on here that are so insecure somewhere in their own life they have to prove what a big man they are by trying to have the biggest badest bike. On trails.... the most important thing is who is driving!....loolol...
What he said

What THEY said! ?

TTR230 PICS POSTED: (should be "public" now.....)

http://photobucket.com/albums/v672/Jeffwsc17/TTR230/

MudPa,

I agree that the newTTR230 is a great new bike! The engine bore x stroke is the same as the venerable TTR225 however. 70mm bore x 58mm stroke. My friend just bought 2 new ones for his son and himself. I have a couple of CRF230's. One stock and the other with some significant modifications. Overall I think the Yamaha should be a good seller, but Yamaha should have at least tried to build with at least a few improvements over the Honda as I'm sure they dissected a CRF230 when designing the latest TTR. The Honda has an edge in all of the specifications. ?

? I'm real happy w/ the 230. I mean lets face it, I'm 6'2" 205...210...its gonna bottom out....but so what....if I wanted to race hard & jump high I would have bought a YZ. It's not meant to be a race bike, it's a play bike. I play.....I have fun. I ride a 230.

Some posters (the ones who don't have 230's) say "noooo buy a WR, TTR250 or YZ....anything but a 230" but hey, the TTR250 is $1000 more, the YZ and WR over $2500 more and for the price of a WR 450 I can buy 2 TTR230's....(add a couple hundred for the comparable red model) Actually, I bought a TTR230 for me and a CRF70 for my son.

Hey Coeshow....why don't you get together w/ your buddy and get the CRF230 and TTR230 on the scale and see how much the manufs specs are off....the other thing I'm dying to see is a Dyno run on both. The TTR has the big bike (250+) bore and stroke (check out red,blue,yellow and green they are all 70x50ish) and the CRF has the 65x66.... ?

The only reason I didn't go with a TT-R230 is it didn't meet my needs (as I saw them). There is nothing wrong with the 230. I just wanted the 11 inches of travel, 43 mm forks and rear disc.

...so u went with the ttr250? i really like the crf250x, damn thats a nice bike! ?