Sign in to follow this  

dr650 slip ons

GPR, CRD, supertrapp

There are a lot.

Can be harder ti find these days though, since 2003 was the last year that the DR650 was made by Suzuki. the DL650 was introduced in 2004 instead(but that is more of a on-road/adfventure modell).

I have heard of people buying 04 and even 05 models, but i think that that is actually a stock from 2003 that they are selling out...

/K

I've had the super-trapp race pipe and I tried a two brothers pipe. The two brothers sounds the best. Very very DEEP tone.

GPR, CRD, supertrapp

There are a lot.

Can be harder ti find these days though, since 2003 was the last year that the DR650 was made by Suzuki. the DL650 was introduced in 2004 instead(but that is more of a on-road/adfventure modell).

I have heard of people buying 04 and even 05 models, but i think that that is actually a stock from 2003 that they are selling out...

/K

There are 04 and 05 models. They can not take previous year models and call them newer year models. Honda got in serious trouble about that in the '70s. In the U.S. they would have to get special permission from Fed Gov't to do it. I remember Carroll Shelby had to get the FBI to inspect each Mustang he sold in early '70s because he was using a year earlier model to make a new model, so I doubt Suzuki would get them to inspect each Dr650 they shipped to the US.

I just picked up my Dr650 a few days ago. I was thinking about changing the muffler to a Q series FMF. My dealer does not have any information on that pipe. Could you provide me information so I can find a slip on FMF Q series or something like that. I want something quite and lite. Cheers Bubba

There are 04 and 05 models. They can not take previous year models and call them newer year models. Honda got in serious trouble about that in the '70s. In the U.S. they would have to get special permission from Fed Gov't to do it. I remember Carroll Shelby had to get the FBI to inspect each Mustang he sold in early '70s because he was using a year earlier model to make a new model, so I doubt Suzuki would get them to inspect each Dr650 they shipped to the US.

Well, how do you define a "new" model ? :)

The DR is basically unchanged between 1996-03.

If they manufactured a lot of DR650's 2003, put them in a warehouse, and then took some of them out -04 and put the last parts on- is that a 04 then ?

I definitely think they would get away with that legally at least - I mean who can say that not any of the parts can be pre-manufactured a previous year ? And how many parts is acceptable to have been manufactured another year?

The main thing should be that the bike has not been quality checked and left the factory until the year specified - or am I wrong ?

But maybe they are still manufacturing it for the North american markets - I dont know. Probably if they do that then, the bikes should be very cheap to produce by now, since the specs has not been changed in such a long time. Even the colors of the plastic parts (Yellow and White) has been around for at least three years :p

I cannot find it elsewhere though, and in Europe we have now got a replacement, the DL650 (http://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/model.asp?id=27)

It is unfortunately a less off-road capable bike :) and will probably not be the best-seller like the DR650 has been...

But its good if they still sell the DR650, regardless if it is really -03 models or not, since that will keep the aftermarket parts on the market longer :D

/K

Triumph got caught selling previous year bikes as new ones. They have very strict guidelines on this. All the numbers for the bikes are registered thru the feds before they come into the states. Plus the tags that show the build date must be affixed to the bike on the assembly line. This is closely monitored. These companies do not want to loose the right to ship bikes in. I doubt they would be allowed to warehouse and then change the paint schemes etc etc. I don't think it would be worth the risk and is illegal. But who knows what these guys can get away with. If they hold them in Japan they could change the id plates and re-due the tanks for the next year. I hope not.

I've Got A Leo Vince Pipe Comming For My '05 Dr650se. Leo Vince Web Site Has A Dyno Graph For Both Stock And Leo Vince Pipe'd Dr650se.

K

Are you talking about the V-Strom that Suzuki sells over here? I think you are. Yeah, the DL650. It is marketed as an adventure/tourer. Not very capable in anykind of dirt, IMO.

what about the DR650SE ?? I heard the pipe is different from the DR650S model and what will fit my SE model?? I tried SuperTrapp but they dont have one yet for the 2005 Model. Any ideas?

I've Got A Leo Vince Pipe Comming For My '05 Dr650se. Leo Vince Web Site Has A Dyno Graph For Both Stock And Leo Vince Pipe'd Dr650se.

Where can I get information on this pipe please?

I just found that pipe and man, it looks like it is restricted allot!! I dont know, anyone else have any ideas? I just got a call from my local dealer and they stated they can get me a FMF Q-Serries pipe, does anyone have this pipe and what do you think of it?

Pro circut definetly makes one, and I think CRD and Big Gun. Happy hunting.

Not for the 2005 model. I dont know why this is such a pain to purchase a pipe for this bike.

I just found that pipe and man, it looks like it is restricted allot!! I dont know, anyone else have any ideas? I just got a call from my local dealer and they stated they can get me a FMF Q-Serries pipe, does anyone have this pipe and what do you think of it?

I like it a lot but it's my only experience. I have not used any of the others listed here.

Suzuki_DR650SE- hey i have a supertrapp ids2 on my 2004. running 12 discs, 147.5 mikuni main jet, shimmed the needle, and turned the fuel mixture screw out 2 3/4 turns and also took out the snorkel and couldn't be happier. the supertrapp sounds awesome!!! i'm pretty sure an earlier year will work on the 2005 model dr650. there's not alot of differences.

I just recieved my Staintune full system!!!!!!! It looks awsome, I have to wait a few weeks to put it on though, my bike has factory jetting and I don't want to subject the header to the extra heat, so off to the tuner it goes, I decided to go with an FCR carb, open airbox and a Dyno run! I can't wait, Ed