Sign in to follow this  

DNA hubs/wheels for sale on e-bay

Oh waaaaaa...2yrs and the Red turned Pink. Is that all ya got? POS?

That 'super pisses' you off huh? Can't imagine how you'd act after a good block pass.

:confused:

D-bag, yes spending $600.00 on pink wheels sucks, I am super pissed. block pass, by you really...

:thumbsup:

Oh waaaaaa...2yrs and the Red turned Pink. Is that all ya got? POS?

That 'super pisses' you off huh? Can't imagine how you'd act after a good block pass.

:thumbsup:

2 years and they turned pink? I am willing to bet you used simple green or purple power at a high concentration or just in pure form.. Yeah that might be the reason they faded!

anodizing will fade if anything caustic hits them! duh! If you use purple power it will dull anodizing in seconds! Simplegreen will also do this if its not dilluted and even dilluted if left on the surface longer then a few seconds!

What is up with every one posting d-bag remarks, “anodizing will fade if anything caustic hits them! duh!” or “Oh waaaaaa...2yrs and the Red turned Pink. Is that all ya got? POS? That 'super pisses' you off huh? Can't imagine how you'd act after a good block pass.”

Am I on the small man big mouth forum? Or is this where every one is a tough guy forum? Unreal. I apologize I just feel into the same by replying with some BS. Aren’t we here to talk about dirt bikes and help each other out? But instead we have to make jack ass remarks. I ride Pala every Sunday, CRF 450r 2011 #43, stop by anytime. Unreal. You cant miss me I have PINK hubs!

I bought a set of DNA wheels a few months ago, they seem to be holding up just fine so far.

What is up with every one posting d-bag remarks, “anodizing will fade if anything caustic hits them! duh!” or “Oh waaaaaa...2yrs and the Red turned Pink. Is that all ya got? POS? That 'super pisses' you off huh? Can't imagine how you'd act after a good block pass.”

Am I on the small man big mouth forum? Or is this where every one is a tough guy forum? Unreal. I apologize I just feel into the same by replying with some BS. Aren’t we here to talk about dirt bikes and help each other out? But instead we have to make jack ass remarks. I ride Pala every Sunday, CRF 450r 2011 #43, stop by anytime. Unreal. You cant miss me I have PINK hubs!

Kettle?

I just expected more backup from a post that claims something is a POS because the red anodizing turned pink after 2yrs. I've rarely seen it do anything but. One of the big reasons I'm not into it.

I'm sorry if you're upset because I called BS on your whine about not liking them because they turned pink which is due to your own negligence not the manufacturing company.

all the vibrant colors will loose their color if caustic cleaning agents touch it..

I didn't call you a D-Bag I just called you out on a lame excuse to bad mouth something.

It is also well known that red is the worst color when it comes to anodizing, it fades worse than any other color of anodizing for some reason. If the red color fading is the only problem you have had in 2 years of riding on them then I wouldn't really call them a POS at all.

thanks for the tip about simplegreen, Ill stop using it to clean my bike.

thanks for the tip about simplegreen, Ill stop using it to clean my bike.

You don't have to stop using it.. Just dilute it and don't let it set on anything anodized for more then a few seconds.

My set should be sent out today. I went with black rims/gold hubs. I'm not too worried, take care of them, check spoke torque specs often, and riiiide. 499 shipped? Tough to beat, I've had excel's in the past, so i have something to compare them to as well. But again, a friend got them about a month ago, and they look great.

Pictures of broken spokes/rims don't really do much talking either, as you can find the same pictures of excel wheels or whatever you think is the cream of the crop.

Since Pr1malR8gw apparently watches me wash my bike he knows is my own negligence.

If you think pink hubs are acceptable after two years, good for you, I disagree. All my Hammer head stuff is still Red, motor plugs and axel blocks are still Red.

If you knew that a certain make of bike had transmission issues after 2 years, would you tell someone or just think that’s acceptable? Or if your truck’s paint started to peel after 2 years, that’s okay?

DNA red hubs turn pink and “I” feel they don’t stand behind their product and I will not buy from them again and “I” feel nor should you.

“It is also well known that red is the worst color when it comes to anodizing”

Really, I didn’t, I do now, honestly never really thought about it. The 10 plus guys I ride with all have aftermarket wheels, strangely two of us have DNA wheels and we are the only ones with pink hubs and constant lose spokes. If the sun caused the pink-ness, why if you pull a spoke inside the hub its pink and for that matter if it was from a chemical how could it be pink inside the spoke hole was well?

But maybe I am a wrong.

Since Pr1malR8gw apparently watches me wash my bike he knows is my own negligence.

If you think pink hubs are acceptable after two years, good for you, I disagree. All my Hammer head stuff is still Red, motor plugs and axel blocks are still Red.

If you knew that a certain make of bike had transmission issues after 2 years, would you tell someone or just think that’s acceptable? Or if your truck’s paint started to peel after 2 years, that’s okay?

DNA red hubs turn pink and “I” feel they don’t stand behind their product and I will not buy from them again and “I” feel nor should you.

“It is also well known that red is the worst color when it comes to anodizing”

Really, I didn’t, I do now, honestly never really thought about it. The 10 plus guys I ride with all have aftermarket wheels, strangely two of us have DNA wheels and we are the only ones with pink hubs and constant lose spokes. If the sun caused the pink-ness, why if you pull a spoke inside the hub its pink and for that matter if it was from a chemical how could it be pink inside the spoke hole was well?

But maybe I am a wrong.

do you think that they are fully water proof at spokes? humm..

Next your friends may not wash their bikes in the same mannor you do.. I'm going to stick by the fact I believe the issue is chemical washing related.. My procircuit clamps and water pump have faded because I forgot to dilute my wash and left it to set to long.. So under your logic I should call procircuit to replace those parts.