Sign in to follow this  

2001 drz having a problem-feedback wanted

First of all, the bike. Its 2001 drz00s with 11,000 miles.

3x3 and dynojet mod, yosh full stainless, kickstart switch removed, just changed oil and filter both are done regularly.

The Problem(a little hard to describe) (and it doesnt always do it)

After riding for a little bit, I'll come to a stop and the bike will stall (this is only when offroading by the way). When I try to get er goin again, it will just wind and wind trying to start unless I give it a little gas. Then after I get goin, its like it will hiccup when first rolling on the gas, kinda chugging. It seems to do ok if I keep the rpms a little higher than usual. Could it be I just bogged a little in 3rd gear before stopping the bike. Due to the problem, I cleaned the air filter and changed the oil and put in a new spark plug, none of which seemed to cure it.

I have a feeling somebody is going to say take apart the carb and clean it. :cry: I really dont want to mess with the carb again. The bike has been runnin great with the 3x3 mod and yosh exhaust for 6 months now, so I dunno why the new problem. Maybe my fuel/air screw turned itself a little?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :cry: Slobiker

Do you still have the stock tank ? If yes, maybe no air can get into the tank and then starving the engine ?

Sounds to me like your float valve has grit in it and is flooding the engine because the float level is too high. Clean your carb and all should be better.

yes, its still the stock tank. Tomorrow, Im gonna remove the canister that catches fuel vapor (CA model only) and create a vent hose. Hopefully this will resolve my vapor lock problem, and my hesitation problem. I sure hope so, cant wait to ride on Tuesday.

Im hoping that removing all this smog crap will eliminate my problem, but if not, how do u suggest cleaning the carb. Does this require taking it apart? :cry: My problem is minor, so unless it becomes worse, I cant see taking the carb apart anytime soon.