Sign in to follow this  

any Shelby NC area riders? newbie here

I am a little northwest of shelby, out in cow country, and i am new to the area. I ride moto and off road ....dualsport, you name it. I am really looking for some folks to ride with or at least someone who can point me in the right direction. If you are anywhere near shelby and up for some riding, im down!!

I'm one hour east of you, near Asheville. I try to ride every wk/end, mainly trails (public and private). Watch for threads here and post up if you can join us. :cry:

Sounds great, thanks. coming from New York, I am amazed by the weather here. Now all I need to do is find some places to ride and I'm all set.

I gre up out that way Lawndale, Poklville area. There are alot of moto x tracks out there. There are a few trails to ride up at south mountain just up hwy 18.

Cool, I am right on the other side of Polkville. I just got here so i have not found anywhere to ride yet but it is sounding pretty promising. You dont live in the area anymore?

theres a track in between shelby and asheville,it wouldnt take to long to get there from shelby,does anyone know if they still have the shelby supercross,im pretty sure it was ran by JMX racing,,same people that run parker valley,,,anyway if youre over this way let me know,i have anytime access to mountain home mx just south east of asheville,,LATER JC

Nope, I left there in 92. My Parents still live there so I go back once in a while to visit. Check out NCdirtrider.com. They have a list of all the tracks in NC. Several close to you.

Thanks for the replies. I am feeling pretty good about this now. i went for a ride by Parker valley. It is only about 20 min. away.

JCmini I would love to ride any time I could tag along, much apprechiated

Hey I just checked JMXracing and there is open practice at parker valley this sunday!!!! I will be there for sure if anyone wants to meet up

what a stroke of luck!!

Whipit1k, if you like off road trails you need to check out Brown Mountain. It is a little North of Morganton. They have a lot of great trails and you can always find someone there to ride with.