Espn 2

It just doesn't make sense. ESPN 2 has improved a bit on their airing of motocross, not much but i think they have improved some. Yet i can't understand the difference of the motorcycle industry which is a multi-billion dollar industry versus Jump Rope competition, or Juggling competition. It just doesn't make sense that those off the wall competition sports if you can call them that have better coverage as far as time of showing. And on another note why can this sport of motocross make it to ESPN, I have never heard of any coverage on ESPN telling you that RC or who ever racer won the race at whatever race park. Even if it's on the ticker tape running on the bottom of the screen. This sport generates a lot of money yet it just doesn't get the correct coverage. I just don't understand, even road racing doesn't get the coverage, but NASCAR does, just tune in to the speed channel, or FOX. Just wanted to vent some frustration I guess. ?

The coverage and consistancy of sheduled airings is much better than it used to be, but it could be better.

Shows that advertisers are willing to pay for spots on has a lot to do with what gets shown when.

A few years back, none of us would have thought we would see next day airing. Trying to go a week without finding out who won was darn tough........?

Join the club. I think during the MX season last year wasn' t one of the races postponed due to a nascar race or golf game (maybe both?) and then they showed the hot dog eating contest after the previous event instead of the MX race?? What up with that? When did eating hot dog or playing poker become a sport?

ESPN 2 is all about making a buck and I guess the beer companies would rather advertise the other events or something.

Looking at the guide they have already pushed the A3 race to monday. I guess they don't realize that some of there veiwers actually have to work?

I wish someone else would pick up the contract and air the events as live as possible.

Actually what would be really cool is a MX channel. ?

Cheers,

Vetplus40, I do remeber those days, maybe I'm better off being quiet and being thankful that we can get next day coverage, even though they still seem to screw up. Thanks for that reminder. Sometimes I guess you're better off not saying anything. As far as being viewers I guess we have no controll of what is shown and at what time, but man this is a sport that is tough,said to be the second most toughest sport to learn, other than surfing if I'm correct. Well anyway, thanks for the response. Hopefully one day it will get the coverage it deserves, just like the rest, football,basketball,baseball and racing ?

Funny....same thing happens to NHRA on ESPN2. It was delayed several times over the last couple of years for all kinds of shows. I remember my online drag racing buddies complaining about the Little League World Series delaying an NHRA Finals by over 40 minutes. But I just tell myself what if I were a fan or had a family member playing? I'd want to see the end.

I know it's aggravating.....but remember it happens alot on ESPN2 no matter what the venue.

i have every race from 95-2001 then had to get out of it for awhile thanks to our little muslim brothers, 97-01 to me the coverage was great, not

next day but the announcing was good and the camera work was good,

not sure about this year but 125/250 nats was together not at diff times,

david bailey is furious over the coverage this year, read his article on

davidbaileymx.com i didnt even know he could curse like that, unlike

other sports where most of the fans have never participated at any real

level most sx/mx fans are riders so that will limit the sport to a certain

level. clear channel is pulling the strings for what you see this year.

but hey at least its on, could be worse but it could be better.

ok ive never seen motocross racing on espn and i love to watch it but i never can cause its never on!! is there a schedule or sumthing telling you when the races are on espn or sumthin!! all i watch right now is that AMA supermoto sh1t on either speed channel or oln but if someone could post a link to a schedule or sumthin i would really appreciate it!

PAY PER VIEW

Live on cable

They have to be able to make a business case for doing PPV on these events. I would pay $45 to see it live? Ill bet half a million other people would to. Thats $22 million. Somebody needs to step up to the plate...

Spedvision has live coverage of I would think much less popular racing. Maybe its a rights licensing issue? Is the AMA locked into some stupid deal with ESPN until 2020 or something. Jeez...

As far as being viewers I guess we have no controll of what is shown and at what time, but man this is a sport that is tough,said to be the second most toughest sport to learn, other than surfing if I'm correct. Well anyway, thanks for the response. Hopefully one day it will get the coverage it deserves, just like the rest, football,basketball,baseball and racing ?

Don't count on ESPN even aknowledging MX as a sport, let alone covering it. Last year, ESPN did a study and ranked the fifty or so most difficult sports in the world. Would you believe that MX didn't even make the list?? When editor Jim Caple received alot of hateful emails from MX fans, he openly stated on their website that he "would never, under any circumstances, consider MX as one of the most difficult sports. You use a motor, for God's sake!". That is the type of ignorance that runs the show over at ESPN.

personally, i dont care.

im just happy the races are on tv every week. period. just imagine if you couldn't watch them.

what channel or what station are they on and when?? cause i cant find any motocross racing on any channel except that ama supermotor crap

Vetplus40, I do remeber those days, maybe I'm better off being quiet and being thankful that we can get next day coverage, even though they still seem to screw up. Thanks for that reminder. Sometimes I guess you're better off not saying anything. As far as being viewers I guess we have no controll of what is shown and at what time, but man this is a sport that is tough,said to be the second most toughest sport to learn, other than surfing if I'm correct. Well anyway, thanks for the response. Hopefully one day it will get the coverage it deserves, just like the rest, football,basketball,baseball and racing ?

I'm a bit surprised that we stilll have next day coverage. Clear Channel commented that next day airing was hampering their ticket sales in some venues.

Looking at the guide they have already pushed the A3 race to monday. I guess they don't realize that some of there veiwers actually have to work?

Cheers,

Maybe the Monday viewing is a good thing this time. I've heard rumors of a foot ball game this sunday.

Ride on

Brewster