Sign in to follow this  

Mcgraths bike FI

I remember hearing a rumor back in the day about Mcgraths bikes being fuel injected. Was this ever disproven? Its probably not true but I just thought about that the other day

Never fuel injected but back in the day(mid90s) Honda had some "mysterious" wires going into the carb that ended up being for the powerjet and or tps.Pretty trick way back then :cry:

I remember all the wires running from it and people saying that it was FI. I guess it was just the powerjet or whatever. Thanks guys

Never fuel injected but back in the day(mid90s) Honda had some "mysterious" wires going into the carb that ended up being for the powerjet and or tps.Pretty trick way back then :cry:

Cyclenews had some "Spy Pics" a while back of a Honda that had FI. They didn't see it run but it was obvious that it was FI. I will try to dig up that article and post the pics.

Why would you even want to put an EFI on a 2-stroke, a 4-stroke maybe but a 2-stroke.

FI on a 2 stroke to make it run cleaner. I've heard of some newer 2 stroke snow mobiles out there with FI.

Ride on

Brewster

Cyclenews had some "Spy Pics" a while back of a Honda that had FI. They didn't see it run but it was obvious that it was FI. I will try to dig up that article and post the pics.

Here you guys go...OOgle over this pic.jmx004.jpg

I see a carburetor on there? And what exactly is that thing infront of his motor that says RC-VALVE. Since I'm so unfamiliar with 2-strokes, is that what people call the "powervalve?"

I would doubt his bike was FI now even if it was back then. I doubt Honda is willing to put the money in R&D into Mcgrath now that they were then. He is just a part timer who isn't supposed to win anything. IN the 90's, he was big bucks for Honda when he won

yes that is just the power valve,--it is an electric cable servo motor computer operated one like all the ones on the road race bikes are and have been for two decades and it finally made it to dirt bikes in 02.----it need alot of help to work good on a stock 02 tho !!