Sign in to follow this  

KLX300 Stabilizer....who has one??

I'm just getting aound to purchasing a stabilizer for my KLX 300....why is it that GPR does not make them anymore?? :cry:

Is the SCOTTS my only alternative?? :cry:

Thanks for the feedback.

My wife has been using the Scotts stabilizer for a couple of years on her KLX 300 and wouldn't ride without it. The post for the KLX unit is a little flimsy though, gotta have it welded to the frame and then it's fine.The weld is a must. :cry:

The problem with the KLX is the postmount. Or rather no room for the postmount between the steering stem and the tank. I have the worlds only GPR version 2.0 for the KLX and love it. Talk to Joey at GPR. If he gets enough names, he'll get the postmounts made. I know there have been other requests recently. The only part that GPR doesn't make is the postmount. Everything else is stock off the shelf stuff. If they get enough inquiries, they'll most likely make them or have them made. Also, I've toyed with having the postmount made myself as I know several people that need them. If I get enough names, I'll use my postmount as a template and have a machinist/welder make them. Oh, BTW, the GPR is a clamp on type postmount and I am very happy without welding it. Of course it doesn't have to go as high up because the v2.0 is part of the lower barclamp.

You might check out the W.E.R stabilizer. A differnt set up then the Scott and about $100 cheaper. One drawback is you can't adjust on the fly.

Other then that it suppose to be a solid product. You might check their website.

Sangair :cry: